PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever see a UFO?

krazyace5
08-29-2005, 06:42 AM
The levitating post got me think about strange happenings.

Anyway I have seen one before. Anyone else?

08-29-2005, 06:43 AM
I'll get this out of the way cause some one will say it eventually:

of course, UFO = unidentified flying object

so we should all assume you mean aliens for this to be interesting at all

08-29-2005, 06:44 AM
I've been inside one- does that count?

Dynasty
08-29-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it hurt?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/a_Cartman-Probe.gif

AngryCola
08-29-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think man-made UFOs are interesting, too.

krazyace5
08-29-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll get this out of the way cause some one will say it eventually:

of course, UFO = unidentified flying object

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have never saw real aliens, unless you count the times I drive past the bean fields...I kid, I kid... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

08-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Well, I don't remember much, but I did have loose stools for almost a week.

jokerthief
08-29-2005, 10:01 AM
I thought I saw a UFO once. It was dark out and this ghostly flying object was moving very fast and very low. As I looked closer, however, I realized it was a stealth bomber. Let me tell you, those things are spooky when seen up close.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How was the anal probe?

steelcmg
08-29-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How was the anal probe?

[/ QUOTE ]

If u get an anal probe and like it does that mean ur gay?

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if it's a male alien.

gravis
08-29-2005, 10:09 AM
"you know how i know your gay..."

mslif
08-29-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How was the anal probe?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not, it just means you enjoy stuff stuck up your ass. Silly question! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The once and future king
08-29-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How was the anal probe?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps this is the question the aliens are trying to answer

Jimbo
08-29-2005, 10:21 PM
A UFO cannot by it's very definition exist. Once you identify it as a UFO it is no longer unidentified. This has always puzzled me.

-Skeme-
08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A UFO cannot by it's very definition exist. Once you identify it as a UFO it is no longer unidentified. This has always puzzled me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense. It's not identified. It's placed in the category of the unidentified. An object that cannot be identified, gets labeled a UFO, is STILL unidentified.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense. It's not identified. It's placed in the category of the unidentified. An object that cannot be identified, gets labeled a UFO, is STILL unidentified.

[/ QUOTE ]

skeme is clearly correct. its an unidentified flying object, you dont know what it is, who flies it, what type of plane it is, etc.

Jimbo
08-29-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the concept. Suppose an aborigines tribesman looks up at the sky and sees a Coke bottle flying towards him. Does this make the Coke bottle a UFO? What if it hits him on the head? Do we then make a movie about his experience?

Slow Play Ray
08-29-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suppose an aborigines tribesman looks up at the sky and sees a Coke bottle flying towards him. Does this make the Coke bottle a UFO?

[/ QUOTE ]

To him, yes - it's a UFO.

Obviously WE know it's a coke bottle.

And obviously whoever is flying (or threw) the object we call a UFO knows what it is too. But like the Aborigine, we don't, so it's unidentified.

Remember, everything is relative.

Jimbo
08-29-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suppose an aborigines tribesman looks up at the sky and sees a Coke bottle flying towards him. Does this make the Coke bottle a UFO?

[/ QUOTE ]

To him, yes - it's a UFO.

Obviously WE know it's a coke bottle.

And obviously whoever is flying (or threw) the object we call a UFO knows what it is too. But like the Aborigine, we don't, so it's unidentified.

Remember, everything is relative.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Below is the most accepted definition of a UFO originated by J. Allen Hynek.

A UFO is simply "the reported perception of an object or light seen in the sky or upon the land the appearance, trajectory, and general dynamic and luminescent behavior of which do not suggest a logical, conventional explanation and which is not only mystifying to the original percipients but remains unidentified after close scrutiny of all available evidence by persons who are technically capable of making a common sense identification, if one is possible."

So the Coke bottle is not a UFO. Unless you believe in aliens I cannot see how a UFO can really exist.

arod15
08-29-2005, 11:43 PM
I saw one too. But i was high off YA-Yo out the time. Does that count. I also saw elvis that night. And banged Eva Longoria.

Slow Play Ray
08-29-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So the Coke bottle is not a UFO.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the Aborigine, it is - you are just nitpicking.

Blah.

Jimbo
08-30-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am using a broadly accepted definition of the term UFO. You on the other hand are being intentionally difficult. Did you even read the supplied definition?

STLantny
08-30-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he is nitpicking, but according to hte definition, it is not a UFO, because a technical expert did not review the case. But, I think there can be UFOs that are not alien space craft. There are probably tons of things out there that many experts have analyzed but have no true explanation for, they may be swamp gas, but until its proven its a UFO.

STLantny
08-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Turn it to History channel right now 11 pm CDT, there is a whole show on how to report UFOs etc........Will clear it all up.

Slow Play Ray
08-30-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am using a broadly accepted definition of the term UFO. You on the other hand are being intentionally difficult. Did you even read the supplied definition?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thoroughly. In my answer, I made an assumption by the way you used "Aborigines Tribesman" that this person had no access to any such technological information; to me, it was implicitly stated he and his tribe are in fact isolated from modern society. Without this assumption, your question is pointless. If the Aborigines used the same definition as UFO, except within only THEIR society, then it would indeed be a UFO, because their experts would not know what it is either.

By analogy, we are the Aborigines, our "UFO" is the coke bottle, and the aliens who created the UFO are the equivalent of our modern society. So, since obviously SOMEBODY (even if it's an alien) always knows what the "UFO" actually is, then by your argument nothing could ever even theoretically be called unidentified.

Again, everything is relative.

*Edit* I can't believe I just wasted this much time on this. I'm going to bed.

Jimbo
08-30-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thoroughly. In my answer, I made an assumption by the way you used "Aborigines Tribesman" that this person had no access to any such technological information; to me, it was implicitly stated he and his tribe are in fact isolated from modern society. Without this assumption, your question is pointless. If the Aborigines used the same definition as UFO, except within only THEIR society, then it would indeed be a UFO, because their experts would not know what it is either.

By analogy, we are the Aborigines, our "UFO" is the coke bottle, and the aliens who created the UFO are the equivalent of our modern society. So, since obviously SOMEBODY (even if it's an alien) always knows what the "UFO" actually is, then by your argument nothing could ever even theoretically be called unidentified.

Again, everything is relative.

*Edit* I can't believe I just wasted this much time on this. I'm going to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing in the definition either states or implies that the technically capable persons be in the same physical location of either the alleged sighting or the person(s) who claims or believes to have seen a UFO.

[ QUOTE ]
A UFO is simply "the reported perception of an object or light seen in the sky or upon the land the appearance, trajectory, and general dynamic and luminescent behavior of which do not suggest a logical, conventional explanation and which is not only mystifying to the original percipients but remains unidentified after close scrutiny of all available evidence by persons who are technically capable of making a common sense identification, if one is possible."

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you would assume the Aborigine are isolated from modern society baffles me. If they were we would not know they exist at all and if ever seen by a casual observer might very well be called UFO's in their own right. (albeit incorrectly)

-Skeme-
09-01-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So the Coke bottle is not a UFO. Unless you believe in aliens I cannot see how a UFO can really exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Coke bottle IS a UFO if it's flying and cannot be identified. Obviously since we know it has been identified, it's not a UFO, but a Coke bottle. To the aborigine, it's a UFO, unless he knows what a Coke bottle is.

You can't have it both ways.