PDA

View Full Version : Line vs (LAG?)

baronzeus
08-29-2005, 04:58 AM
After 10 ish hands, guy is 60/20 but I have no idea how he actually is. Pretty aggressive.

How's my 3bet on the turn? River fold?
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

kidcolin
08-29-2005, 05:03 AM
i'm hard pressed to fold there getting 12:1, after only playing 10 hands with him and you think he's a lag. He could've easily been semi-bluffing the turn with JT or flush draw, or he could've gotten funky with A9. I look him up.

jgorham
08-29-2005, 05:06 AM
I think the turn 3bet is fine against a LAG (not sure if it is right here as you are unsure of read), but I really don't like the river fold. Most times lags are going to raise top pair on the flop. His turn checkraise indicates to me that he probably has either a monster or some sort of pair/draw combo. Since he didn't cap you on the turn I would put more weight in the pair/draw combo, or two pair - 2 hearts, 2 clubs, 89, 67 are all possible here. Not to mention it could just be a straight up bluff.

Now on the river you will certainly be behind here a lot of the time as his bet here suggests 3 queens, but you just improved against 2 pair (assuming no Q) and none of the draws hit, so I feel he will show you down something worse enough of the time for it to be a profitable call.

Edit: This is a good reason to have large databases /images/graemlins/smile.gif

08-29-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would put more weight in the pair/draw combo, or two pair - 2 hearts, 2 clubs, 89, 67 are all possible here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy river call.

einbert
08-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Honestly with position I like to just call here on the turn and see what river card comes off. If it's a 6 or 7 you can safely raise and if it's something not so good you can decide what to do. But if he is really bad and will checkraise and pay off a threebet and a river bet with a real wide range of hands then it's fine, but against a more thinking opponent I'd rather just call it.

You gotta call the river, that's a pretty big mistake IMO.

purnell
08-29-2005, 05:57 AM
The pot is too big to fold the river. Your hand is good here often enough to make a call profitable and a fold disastrous.

baronzeus
08-29-2005, 06:00 AM
I obviously did not fold this river. He had Q6o and MHING /images/graemlins/frown.gif but just curious to see if ppl fold this

wheelz
08-29-2005, 06:02 AM
I wouldn't 3-bet the turn. 10ish hands really isn't enough to make any sound judgments about how the guy plays, and that isn't really a good board for your overpair against a guy who just completed in the SB.

I wouldn't fold the river either. Yeah it's not the card you wanted to see but I think you have too much hand to give up getting 11:1.