PDA

View Full Version : So I clearly suck at this game.

Entity
08-29-2005, 02:49 AM
But I'm learning.

Party's $25 pLO. I have $29, Villain has $42. He appears to be your typical loose-passive PP PLO player. I limp UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Next player limps. Villain limps. SB folds. 4 to the flop.

Flop is a very pretty T/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet pot ($1.10). Limper one folds. Villain calls. BB calls.

Turn is the 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet 1/2 pot. Villain calls. BB folds. I'm hoping to boat up but I don't know if I should be worried or not here. This is why I suck.

River is a J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Pot is $8.80.

Bet/check, if bet, how much -- if check, how much? I'm tired of being a limit player who bets the second best hand all the time.

Rob

08-29-2005, 03:13 AM
your half pot bet does not suggest nut flush. would he just call with K there? wouldn't he have to raise with A? he may just have made a straight and called as your half pot suggested weakness. i might make a small bet here. if he raised the pot i would fold (considering he is passive as you said.)

DRKEVDC
08-29-2005, 09:45 AM
First off stop thinking that you suck, it will cloud your judgement. There is a possible straight and flush on the board. You most likely have the highest flush, I would pot it here and take my chances. FWIW I would have potted the turn, one for value and two to see where I was.

Lafortezza
08-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I think you have to bet the pot on the river. It may be fairly likely that you'll get a call from the K-high or A-high flush but Villain could have a straight or lower set and be trying to see a cheap showdown. If you pot the river and get reraised then a call or fold depends on your pot odds and your read of Villain.

You played the hand fine btw, top set with a reasonable flush draw (or blockers to the nut flush draw if someone else has Ax hearts, depending how you look at it).

08-30-2005, 08:16 PM
I think you have to pot it on the turn. The 1/2 pot bet may look tricky to good players but at the $25 level it says "take a shot at me on the river".

At this point you have a lot of good cards left. 3 cards make a hand that can't be beat, 9 more make a hand that is likely the best.

I would pot the river, if you get raised it is up to your read if he has one of the 2 hands that beat you or not.

I don't think you made any bad plays. Maybe not the best but not bad.