PDA

View Full Version : Preflop Call

kurto
08-29-2005, 02:14 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

What's the right move here... 8 people left. TAG will raise with Any pair, Any Ace-broadway from the cutoff. The maniac is an idiot. He has reraised from EP with hands like A8s, JQs, pocket 2s, etc.

UTG (t1490)
UTG+1 (t1910)
MP1 (t2275)
MP2 (t790)
CO (TAG)/ (t1735)
Button (t1095)
SB (MANIAC)/ (t2850)
Hero (t1355)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (TAG)/ raises to t120</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (MANIAC)/ raises to t210</font>,

HERO does what? Call? Fold? All In?

Myst
08-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Push. TAG will fold most hands, and you will get action from maniac.

08-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Any idea what SB reraises with? My sense is that you should push to either scoop the pot or isolate SB with a bad hand. I could see calling though--especially if you expect SB to make significant mistakes on the flop. I can't justify a fold.

kurto
08-29-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any idea what SB reraises with?

[/ QUOTE ]

SB is the maniac...

[ QUOTE ]
The maniac is an idiot. He has reraised from EP with hands like A8s, JQs, pocket 2s, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is one of those players who keeps making terrible plays and keeps lucking out (for instance, he called a raise and a reraise with A2os... and beat AK and JJ by rivering 2 pair)

I was more worried about the TAG then the Maniac.

08-29-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea what SB reraises with?

[/ QUOTE ]

SB is the maniac...

[ QUOTE ]
The maniac is an idiot. He has reraised from EP with hands like A8s, JQs, pocket 2s, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is one of those players who keeps making terrible plays and keeps lucking out (for instance, he called a raise and a reraise with A2os... and beat AK and JJ by rivering 2 pair)

I was more worried about the TAG then the Maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed the "re" before the raise in your original description of SB; big difference. You're clearly ahead of CO's range of hands, and he's only beating you with 1.5% of hands (I think that's right), which is probably like 5% of his holding. Given the amount of many in the pot, I think it's a push.