PDA

View Full Version : Party 22s: Please tell me this push is horrible

Jackrabbit Slim
08-29-2005, 12:45 AM
I felt I was playing this hand a bit too fast, but seeing that open ended straight flush draw on the flop made me go crazy and I pushed without much thinking and regretted it almost immediately. UTG is a bit loose, but a good post flop player, MP1 is not so good (neither am I if you look at this play).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t690)
MP2 (t1175)
CO (t910)
Button (t940)
Hero (t1275)
BB (t1255)
UTG (t1755)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t150, MP1 calls t150, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero pushes...

Shilly
08-29-2005, 01:07 AM
I don't think this is that terrible. Unless they're limping higher PPs than 7's, you're only going to get called by made flushes, the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifx, sets (which you have lots of outs against), and a flopped two pair from the BB. I don't think that this is as bad as you think it is.

LethalRose
08-29-2005, 01:08 AM
uh, Push preflop?

ilya
08-29-2005, 01:16 AM
You're ahead of 2 pair, ahead of flush draw+overs, ahead of flush draw+pair, ahead of overpair-no-diamond, dead even with a set, a 2:1 dog to an overpair with a diamond, and dead against a flush. An overpair of any sort is unlikely, so you're really only worried about a made flush. $20s players do like to limp in with any 2 suiteds, but since they'll also cheerfully call you with plenty of hands you beat, I think the push is fine.

08-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Dont push cuz if he folds you cant see if you make your straight flush. come on thats obvious

niquewon
08-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Unless I thought UTG was limping a monster hand I'd push preflop with this hand. Given the line you took I really don't mind your play, nobody has shown any real strength up to this point and even if you are behind you have a strong draw.

Shilly
08-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Oh, and this.

[ QUOTE ]
uh, Push preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isura
08-29-2005, 01:43 AM
What is wrong with your push? Where you calling preflop to hit your set??? This is as good a flop as you can hope for, put all the money as a probably favorite and a maximal change of having everyone fold.

And I push preflop too if I think I have some FE. But against donkeys that will call preflop with QT, I don't mind your line.

MicroBob
08-29-2005, 03:39 AM
i want to know why the original poster thinks this push is so horrible in the first place.

i suspect he got beat by something and that he is being WAY too results-oriented.

Jackrabbit Slim
08-29-2005, 03:47 AM
The main reason is that, as I said in the original post, I played the hand too fast. I almost instantly clicked call when it was my turn before the flop, and right away felt that I should probably have pushed. Then I went all-in on the flop to sort of compensate for the lack of pushing preflop without really thinking it through. I basically saw the open ended straight flush draw and pushed. That's what it felt like anyway if it makes any sense /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Afterwards I figured I should maybe have checkraised all in instead to get some more chips in the pot, or something, I'm not sure what.

(And of course I lost the hand but that's not really relevant)

bawcerelli
08-29-2005, 04:40 AM
i'm curious what hand called you.

08-29-2005, 06:12 AM
I think you played it fine, maybe check raising allin is better.

I too like raising all in preflop, this buys the pot so often at the 55's that I've been thinking I should be trying this sometimes with any two though I suspect you're more likely to get called in the 22's. 77 much better than any 2 though, likely you will do no worse then be coinflipping with some dead money in the pot.

Jackrabbit Slim
08-29-2005, 11:21 AM
UTG called with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the made flush, which wasn't so bad since I actually had 2 clean outs.

Next time I'm pushing preflop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jeffraider
08-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Pushing preflop is the best here, there's like 525 out there! Your push on the flop is good though.

Hornacek
08-29-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG called with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the made flush, which wasn't so bad since I actually had 2 clean outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
You seem pretty optimistic about hitting the 2-outer /images/graemlins/smile.gif