PDA

View Full Version : Tough bubble AK hand.

Scuba Chuck
08-29-2005, 12:06 AM
From memory

blinds 100/200 $55 buyin.

UTG 2400
Button 3050
SB 3000
BB (hero) 1550

Preflop: Hero has A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, Button raises to 1480, SB is allin, hero....

My thoughts are to fold here, as button has committed half of his stack, and would be hard pressed to fold.

gumpzilla
08-29-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My thoughts are to fold here, as button has committed half of his stack, and would be hard pressed to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, he would be very hard pressed to fold, getting something like 40:1 for the last call. You barely cover his bet. Stack sizes right?

You're the small stack, and he should be bullying with a ton. If you were one of the other two stacks, I could maybe see a fold, but I think this is a must call as you've described it.

mlagoo
08-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Seems like the Button raise could be a huge range (I'm thinking Ax, Kxs, QJ-Q9, JT, any PP, possibly wider), and the SB likely knows that, and has a similarly wide range (maybe AT-AK, KQ (enh), 88+, something like that). You are ahead of both of these ranges and are getting pretty great odds.

Of course I guess that isn't the entire question. But I think the additional $EV you're getting from having half the chips heading ITM more than makes up for the risk of busting out here.

I should really get the eastbay program so that I can do these calculations more exactly. Have you ran them?

Scuba Chuck
08-29-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, he would be very hard pressed to fold, getting something like 40:1 for the last call. You barely cover his bet. Stack sizes right?

You're the small stack, and he should be bullying with a ton. If you were one of the other two stacks, I could maybe see a fold, but I think this is a must call as you've described it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think Button is gonna fold after shoving half his stack in the pot? Man, I gotta find players like that.

Now, he MIGHT fold if I go allin. But I seriously doubt he folds to the other allin. So if my assumptions are correct, I'll either be ITM on the next hand, or third stacked with shorty with 50 chips. I think the best EV play here is to fold....

gumpzilla
08-29-2005, 01:23 AM
My comment makes a lot more sense if you realize that I missed the SB's allin entirely. That actually makes it an interesting question, whereas before I was thinking it was a pretty ridiculously easy call.

Scuba Chuck
08-29-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My comment makes a lot more sense if you realize that I missed the SB's allin entirely. That actually makes it an interesting question, whereas before I was thinking it was a pretty ridiculously easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I agree then.

Jman28
08-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Unless you think the button will fold regardless of your actions, I fold this. Or, I should say, 'I'd like to be able to fold this'

08-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Fold /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Myst
08-29-2005, 02:48 AM
Button will call.

You have an easy fold.

Scuba Chuck
08-29-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button will call.

You have an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a medium easy fold. Not super easy.

08-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Without a strong read indicating a different course of action I fold here expecting button to call and SB to show a very strong hand.

I'd be curious to know what button had, every time I see a raise for a silly amount like this 1480 I wonder WTF they could possibly be thinking.

durron597
08-29-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think it's a medium easy fold. Not super easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

fnord_too
08-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Ay Caramba!

I think that's a fold, I don't think it is too close, but I do think it is tough to click the fold button there.