PDA

View Full Version : AA utg, 5 calls, now what???

wegs the wegs
08-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Keep in mind... this is UB we're talking about here. I was shocked to see this much action. How do I play this flop?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($23)
Button ($88.50)
SB ($96.50)
BB ($47.65)
Hero ($98.50)
UTG+1 ($178.80)
UTG+2 ($49)
MP1 ($64.70)
MP2 ($47.80)
MP3 ($35.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, UTG+1 calls $4.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $4.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls $3.50, Button calls $4.50, SB calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($28) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $14, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds.

So how was that? I had no read on the opponent so he could be on anything. With his call and his short stack, I told myself to push any turn other than a king.

Turn: ($56) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $56</font>, MP2 calls $29.30 (All-In).

River: ($141.30) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $141.30

stu-unger
08-28-2005, 11:18 PM
im most definitly leading for pot on this super nasty board and getting the short stack in on the turn.

kongo_totte
08-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Pot the flop!

08-28-2005, 11:44 PM
i dont think betting the pot on the flop is a good move, especially with that many people acting behind you. the bet was fine, betting the pot could get you involved in a bad situation where you lose a huge pot with AA instead of losing a small pot.

stu-unger
08-28-2005, 11:54 PM
betting half pot oop leaves u with much to be desired. if u bet full pot u atleast can get some info on your villains hands.

kongo_totte
08-29-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think betting the pot on the flop is a good move, especially with that many people acting behind you. the bet was fine, betting the pot could get you involved in a bad situation where you lose a huge pot with AA instead of losing a small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

His A A is likely to be good. Since he got so many callers, the pot i so big I am probably getting stacked here if someone managed to outflop me, considering I started with 100BB.

08-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Bet 2/3 pot ($20) on flop. With that caller, easy check on turn, with intention of calling. Push river if not already all-in.

elus2
08-29-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet 2/3 pot ($20) on flop. With that caller, easy check on turn, with intention of calling. Push river if not already all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

given the size of the pot, a turn push is better. the villain is short stacked and will most likely call with a wide range of hands such as Kx, oesd's, flush draws, etc. if you're going broke on any river then why let villain get away with seeing the last card for free.

amoeba
08-29-2005, 01:31 AM
I will recommend you mix in a limp reraise.

This is exactly the situation in which AA sucks.

I disagree with those who say pot the flop. if you pot the flop, you are almost giving any preflop caller 10 to 1 to outflop you. With 5 or 6 callers, I hate giving the collective those kind of implied odds.

limp reraise was designed to avoid this situation.

imported_anacardo
08-29-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree with those who say pot the flop. if you pot the flop, you are almost giving any preflop caller 10 to 1 to outflop you. With 5 or 6 callers, I hate giving the collective those kind of implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only applicable if you're quite certain it's "that kinda table." Surely you're not advocating that one should always attempt a limp-reraise with aces or kings in early position, or even often, for that matter?

amoeba
08-29-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only applicable if you're quite certain it's "that kinda table." Surely you're not advocating that one should always attempt a limp-reraise with aces or kings in early position, or even often, for that matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I sort of am. I would rather it gets limped around and goes 5 or 6 handed to the flop rather than it going multiway to the flop with a pot thats more than 1/4 my stack, committing me with any flop bet.

if it gets limped around, pot size is controlled, your hand is disguised.

The more calling station and deeper stacked everybody is, the more you should be limp reraising here.

TheWorstPlayer
08-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Pot the flop, please. You probably have the best hand. But probably not for long.

imported_anacardo
08-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Shee-it. If it's gonna be that kinda party, I'd just as soon open-push with AA or KK in early position.

amoeba
08-29-2005, 01:47 AM
and you win the blinds.

anyways, my point is. if you will have almost the same number of people to the flop whether you raise or you limp, then you should probably limp.

TheWorstPlayer
08-29-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and you win the blinds.

anyways, my point is. if you will have almost the same number of people to the flop whether you raise or you limp, then you should probably limp.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shawn, this can't be right. Why don't you want them to put more money in while you are holding the nuts? If you had a choice between having all ten people at the table limp, or all ten people call a 4bb raise, while you have AA, I don't see how anyone could rationally choose the former...

amoeba
08-29-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and you win the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shawn, this can't be right. Why don't you want them to put more money in while you are holding the nuts? If you had a choice between having all ten people at the table limp, or all ten people call a 4bb raise, while you have AA, I don't see how anyone could rationally choose the former...

[/ QUOTE ]

of course I want all 10 people to call a 4BB raise. but if I'm potting the flop everytime which on most flops I am and they are only calling the flop bet with 2 pair + it kind of sucks for me.

you only want all 10 people to call the raise if you can play perfectly postflop and you cant out of position against that many people and betting the flop for info doesn't do anything because it pot commits you.

xorbie
08-29-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and you win the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not convinced this is right. 10 people calling a 4BB raise.. you're hand is not often good on the flop UI, and if it is you're not really going to get paid off (nobody is playing TPGK too hard in a 10 way pot). OTOH, if everyone limps, you can take a reasonably deceptive line into winning a nice pot off of a lesser one pair hand.