PDA

View Full Version : The Superdome

08-28-2005, 11:06 PM
a death trap?

STLantny
08-28-2005, 11:07 PM
It can stand up to 200mph winds. But there is no food other than what you could bring in with you. Flodding? Who know?

kyro
08-28-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry. All I heard was Patriots Super Bowl Champs.

08-28-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna be sick.

mmbt0ne
08-28-2005, 11:09 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I hope next time it's not your family and friends trapped somewhere. Because you'll get no sympathy from me.

LethalRose
08-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I'am praying a terrorist doesnt sneak a bomb on it.

otherwise, i think everyone inside will be safe.

kyro
08-28-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I hope next time it's not your family and friends trapped somewhere. Because you'll get no sympathy from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly haven't been paying attention to the news. If OP was serious about this place possibly being a deathtrap then I take back what I said.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 11:13 PM
They are also searching for drugs, weapons etc before you enter.

Sponger15SB
08-28-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people were supposedly searched for 10 minutes before they entered. I guess that was necessary, uh, yeah....

LethalRose
08-28-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, i think they are really looking for bombs.

In such a small space, with 30,000 packed into the superdome a few drugs and guns are the least of your worries. After everything settles down I think it will surface they were really worried about terrorist activity.

newfant
08-28-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like most of the people seeking shelter are black so they can't be too careful.

battschr
08-28-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like most of the people seeking shelter are black so they can't be too careful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh.

Sponger15SB
08-28-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, who needs them, along with jews and mexicans....

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dynasty
08-28-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually, I just move poker threads and delete spam.

But, this got you a 2-day suspension.

Sponger15SB
08-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Wow did someone put up the Dynasty signal? You are fast.

mmbt0ne

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually, I just move poker threads and delete spam.

But, this got you a 2-day suspension.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

LethalRose
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet 1/2 the ppl reading the thread reported that one.

TheMainEvent
08-28-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, i think they are really looking for bombs.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so you're in a football stadium with 10,000 people, there's a bomb about to go off, and there's a catagory 5 hurricane outside. That's pretty much the definition of screwed huh?

Sponger15SB
08-28-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet 1/2 the ppl reading the thread reported that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, only 1 person can officially report it, but I'm almost suprised somebody didn't do an "I win" type post.

08-28-2005, 11:27 PM
i would have liked to have seen commodus for this one /images/graemlins/frown.gif

imported_anacardo
Dynasty - AYE
Retards - NAY

Propah.

Sponger15SB
[ QUOTE ]
OK so you're in a football stadium with 10,000 people, there's a bomb about to go off, and there's a catagory 5 hurricane outside. That's pretty much the definition of screwed huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you could also have herpes.

Can I make jokes at a time like this?

08-28-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I make jokes at a time like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
boy, can you ever!

Stellastarr
08-29-2005, 01:15 AM
What a idiot. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ed Miller
08-29-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people were supposedly searched for 10 minutes before they entered. I guess that was necessary, uh, yeah....

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first reaction too, but my mom said that last time they filled the Superdome for an evacuation, there were violence/gun problems. It's second-hand, so I know nothing more than that so I am just perpetrating rumor.

Even given that, I think the situation is far worse outside than inside, and thus they should suck it up and let people inside with guns. They brought in the National Guard to keep the peace, so to speak, and hopefully that should be enough.

If they are stuck in there for a week or more, though, I hope they have some way to dispose of the sewage.

08-29-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and thus they should suck it up and let people inside with guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't you normally known for giving good advice?

imported_anacardo
08-29-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that his good advice is also known for a certain devil-may-care, "just see what happens" attitude.

Confiscate at the door, fer chrissakes.

Ed Miller
08-29-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If keeping guns out means not getting people in fast enough and leaving people to die in the storm, then yes, they should just let the guns in.

If they can get everyone in in time AND check for guns, then obviously they should do that.

Blarg
08-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Police presence is never enough to stop crimes. People with guns in there is pretty much a guarantee of some serious nastiness.

08-29-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If keeping guns out means not getting people in fast enough and leaving people to die in the storm, then yes, they should just let the guns in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

[ QUOTE ]

If they can get everyone in in time AND check for guns, then obviously they should do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure this is the case. sorry for being rude

Ed Miller
08-29-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Police presence is never enough to stop crimes. People with guns in there is pretty much a guarantee of some serious nastiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that the priorities should clearly be:

1. Get as many people inside as possible
2. Confiscate guns

If you can do both, great. If #2 interferes with #1, then #2 needs to go.

08-29-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that his good advice is also known for a certain devil-may-care, "just see what happens" attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree, all seems pretty calculated to me

[ QUOTE ]
Confiscate at the door, fer chrissakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

Cancer Merchant
08-29-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

That was my first reaction too, but my mom said that last time they filled the Superdome for an evacuation, there were violence/gun problems. It's second-hand, so I know nothing more than that so I am just perpetrating rumor.

Even given that, I think the situation is far worse outside than inside, and thus they should suck it up and let people inside with guns. They brought in the National Guard to keep the peace, so to speak, and hopefully that should be enough.

If they are stuck in there for a week or more, though, I hope they have some way to dispose of the sewage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, this sounds like it could turn into the modern Black Hole of Calcutta. At least there are helicopters to perform airlifts, not that that will be enough.

IggyWH
08-29-2005, 01:39 AM
We are talking about the National Guard here so we're not dealing with the creme of the crop...

but just because they let everyone in doesn't mean they can't confiscate guns also.

pryor15
08-29-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It can stand up to 200mph winds. But there is no food other than what you could bring in with you. Flodding? Who know?

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard 135mph, but that was our local news guys, so all bets are off. does anyone know if the 200mph is correct?

and where the footage of the inside? TWC keeps showing the lines outside.

billyjex
08-29-2005, 04:17 AM
i heard 200 mph on TV earlier today as well (on Fox News I believe.)

bugstud
08-29-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Confiscate guns

[/ QUOTE ]

should have got people inside then have stations for checking people in...

krazyace5
08-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Part of the roof has blown off...

Now they say leaking...

bugstud
08-29-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Part of the roof has blown off...

Now they say leaking...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah not good at all

Blarg
08-29-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Confiscate guns

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no type of screening or handling people of any kind that doesn't interfere with them getting to where they want to go more quickly. If we want to not interfere, we can't have any screening at all, not just a limited amount.

We need to better define what "interfering" means. How slow is too slow, and how much security is too much? I don't think we have a lock on those answers.

A stadium is not an airplane, but security is a very valid concern. It will be chaotic, tense, and difficult as it is, but adding even a guns to the mix could make things drastically worse and create a sense of panic or start stampedes or rioting.

08-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Why did "newfant" get a 2 day suspension for his "black" remark and "Sponger" did not for his"jews and mexicans" remark?

polltard

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did "newfant" get a 2 day suspension for his "black" remark and "Sponger" did not for his"jews and mexicans" remark?

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what exactly the remarks were, but why does everyone here have to act like a 6 year-old? Mommy! How come Newfant got in trouble but Sponger didn't? Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what exactly the remarks were, but why does everyone here have to act like a 6 year-old? Mommy! How come Newfant got in trouble but Sponger didn't? Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the 2 posts I am talking about. I am curious as to the distinction between the 2. They are almost identical to me, interms of content. They either are both being facetious or they are both serious , I can't tell. See for yourself. They are in the first 20 posts I would say.

polltard

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the 2 posts I am talking about. I am curious as to the distinction between the 2. They are almost identical to me, interms of content. They either are both being facetious or they are both serious , I can't tell. See for yourself. They are in the first 20 posts I would say.

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't care what they say. Quit being a little baby.

tbach24
08-29-2005, 03:41 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a clear difference between the 2. Newfant said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger responded to his post by saying:

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So STFU with your invalid point

Edit- I also think newfant was being sarcastic, but sponger is so blantatly sarcastic it's such a dumb point

codewarrior
08-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Tough to recognize sarcasm in writing, isn't it?

At least I seriously hope it was sarcasm.

ThaSaltCracka
08-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I thought it was funny, mostly because I didn't think he was serious.

The once and future king
08-29-2005, 03:48 PM
This all seems a bit shambolic given that it was only a matter of time before this happened. Surely better measures couldhave been taken.

mmbt0ne
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
This all seems a bit shambolic given that it was only a matter of time before this happened. Surely better measures couldhave been taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

People keep saying this. Other than stop people from living in NO, what would you like them to have done?

Alobar
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough to recognize sarcasm in writing, isn't it?

At least I seriously hope it was sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont want to recognize sarcasm when you have a fevered little ego

The once and future king
08-29-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People keep saying this. Other than stop people from living in NO, what would you like them to have done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, have somewhere for them to go other than a sport stadium. Specialy built shelters donst seem to radical a concept

codewarrior
08-29-2005, 04:00 PM
As far as 20-20 hindsight goes - that's a terrible location for a city.

This is truely a horrible situation. Maybe Grannie Mae will set up another relief tournament on Stars?

ThaSaltCracka
08-29-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, have somewhere for them to go other than a sport stadium. Specialy built shelters donst seem to radical a concept

[/ QUOTE ]I think you may be underestimating the force of the hurricane. Special structures that can withstand 100+ MPH winds can't be built easily in a matter of days.

08-29-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't care what they say. Quit being a little baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not being a little baby,2+2 is not my mother and I am merely curious as to what logic if any was used to differentiate the two, realizing that 2+2 moderators do not owe me an explanation. OK

polltard

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you may be underestimating the force of the hurricane. Special structures that can withstand 100+ MPH winds can't be built easily in a matter of days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, its not like New Orleans was built 2 days ago, they could have easily prepared for this years or decades ago.

The once and future king
08-29-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, its not like New Orleans was built 2 days ago, they could have easily prepared for this years or decades ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a clear difference between the 2. Newfant said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger responded to his post by saying:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So STFU with your invalid point

Edit- I also think newfant was being sarcastic, but sponger is so blantatly sarcastic it's such a dumb point

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they were both being facetious, so I think my point is in fact valid. There equivalent in content. Don't tell me to STFU punk.

polltard

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
No, your point is not valid.

08-29-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

. Why isn't it valid? Don't take this personally I simply do not see the distinction between your comment and"newfant's". They both seemed similar in tone. Explain to me the difference if you know.

polltard

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

. Why isn't it valid? Don't take this personally I simply do not see the distinction between your comment and"newfant's". They both seemed similar in tone. Explain to me the difference if you know.

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, if I actually liked you I'd take the time to explain. Just give it a rest cause you're annoying everyone.

08-29-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, if I actually liked you I'd take the time to explain. Just give it a rest cause you're annoying everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even know me. I said not to take it personally. I saw too very similar ststements and one of the posters was publicly humiliated by a forum moderator and the other was not for making a very similar statement. That's fine as this is a private enterprise. But I can still ask.

polltard

tbach24
08-29-2005, 04:43 PM
No. One was unquestionably facetious and the other could've been either way.

Los Feliz Slim
08-29-2005, 04:49 PM
It's because Dynasty hates Jews and Mexicans, but loves the blacks. Right?

woodguy
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/telnaes/images/06-04620r.jpg

08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like you.

polltard

Blarg
08-29-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's because Dynasty hates Jews and Mexicans, but loves the blacks. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Dynasty IS black, and all blacks hate Jews and Mexicans. If Harry Potter wasn't written by a gook, he'd hate them too.

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Harry Potter wasn't written by a gook, he'd hate them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Janet Miles: Well, we've heard that before: you buy an appliance with easy-to-follow directions, and you get it home, and you need a Ph.D to figure it out. Usually, this "easy direction" stuff is a big lie.. like the Holocaust! [ the phones ring wild, and the bulbs light up on the map ] Now, are your directions really easy to follow? Or is it just another Holocaust-type scam?

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/93tsavers.phtml

ddubois
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought this was funny. This looks like obvious sarcasm to me. Is it humor that is potentially offensive? Yes. That's why it's funny.

Are we going to be put on time out for all potentially offensive humor in OOT? Or just ones that targets whichever group the mods feel need the most protecting?

Maybe we need to label our posts ala &lt;sarcasm&gt;&lt;/sacrcasm&gt; so we don't get banned? Or is it only jokes that a mod perceives have a hint of truth to them that cross the line into punishment?

08-29-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought this was funny. This looks like obvious sarcasm to me. Is it humor that is potentially offensive? Yes. That's why it's funny.

Are we going to be put on time out for all potentially offensive humor in OOT? Or just ones that targets whichever group the mods feel need the most protecting?

Maybe we need to label our posts ala &lt;sarcasm&gt;&lt;/sacrcasm&gt; so we don't get banned? Or is it only jokes that a mod perceives have a hint of truth to them that cross the line into punishment?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I wanted to know. So i guess Sponger was wrong when he said i was annoying everybody.

polltard

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So i guess Sponger was wrong when he said i was annoying everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

08-29-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So i guess Sponger was wrong when he said i was annoying everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like you, you're funny

polltard

Ogre
08-29-2005, 11:09 PM
what happened

08-30-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what happened

[/ QUOTE ]