PDA

View Full Version : Late Play - post flop.

Scuba Chuck
08-28-2005, 10:58 PM
$33 buyin - from memory

UTG 1450 <font color="white"> Hand: K8o </font>
CO 2700.
Button 2700
SB (hero) 1950
BB 2000

Blinds 100/200

Preflop: Hero dealt A8o (suited cards mattered none in this hand)
UTG calls 200, 2 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.
Read: UTG - I have no notes on him yet. I have played him less than a handful of times, but my gut feelings tell me he's kind of a donk. For example, I could see him limping here with Arag. I don't know if he's tricky enough to limp here with monsters.
Furthermore, another trend I've been seeing is the limp with a hand that will call an allin with, but would like to see a flop if possible. TJs for example.

Flop (t600) AK5r
Hero bets 300, BB folds, UTG calls

Turn (t1200) AK5r + 9 (I think we had 4 suits now)
Hero checks, UTG bets 500, Hero....

OK, here's what I was thinking. That stupid unarmed AQ post got me thinking I should check-call here (I loved that post btw, very good). One thing that crossed my mind with the size of his bet is that he is either trying to buy the pot right here, and if so, he isn't folding to a reraise allin. Also, I might be beat.... Critiques on my play/plan from all streets?

adanthar
08-28-2005, 11:05 PM
There are some donks who are slowplaying a set here, but the majority basically have a hand that usually has a big picture card in it but not always. I expect to see KJ, A2 or similar here a lot, basically (and unfortunately K9, too.)

Most of those hands check behind if you just call, so what I like to do is to call this and put him all in on a blank river (I might check/call again if a K hits basically on the off chance he checks behind a better ace.)

Scuba Chuck
08-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Any thoughts on my flop bet?

Scuba Chuck
08-28-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of those hands check behind if you just call, so what I like to do is to call this and put him all in on a blank river (I might check/call again if a K hits basically on the off chance he checks behind a better ace.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume scare cards are:
TJQ and a K?