PDA

View Full Version : Need a better line with AQ

SackUp
08-28-2005, 10:13 PM
What line do people normally take here. I'm either wa/wb right so would a c/c, c/c, b/f line be better?

Oh and 3 better is 24/4/1.5

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

River: (15 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

ArturiusX
08-28-2005, 10:18 PM
I call down. AA is unlikely, AK is the hand we fear the most. We have a few outs vs AK, and I'd hate to fold to a KK (or QQ) tricky raise. Button could have also raised due to the number of posters. Either way, getting 6:1 to call down, I think I could do it.

27offsooot
08-28-2005, 10:26 PM
so u're getting 14:1 (likely 15:1) on the turn with 4.5 outs against AK. Just a thought. Of course, then u only need to be correct 6% of the time on the river, so i might be calling that as well. Suppose it depends on how many hands u have on this guy.

SackUp
08-28-2005, 10:34 PM
do you guys like the flop c/r or would just calling down from the start be better?

what line do we like best?

toss
08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
I like just calling the flop. Villain probably has us beat, and anyone with a flush draw ain't going anywhere.

Bill C
08-28-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you guys like the flop c/r or would just calling down from the start be better?

what line do we like best?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this flop with TPGK, and not take the chance of a free card.

soweak.
08-28-2005, 11:18 PM
I agree, with this flop and this board we are either in excellent shape, or drawing to 3 outs, or drawing dead. I will let the PFR bet KK here. If he has a worse hand, let him bet it, no point in letting him get away if he's drawing to 2-4 outs.

arch12
08-29-2005, 10:58 AM
I think the flop check-raise is necessary here despite the likelihood we are WA/WB. While we are never knocking out any sort of flush draw, it is paramount we face weaker draws with the prospect of calling 2 cold and a possible 3-bet from the button. I think we need to do all we can to eliminate gut shots and two pair draws here (as both MP2 &amp; CO posted both these draws are very possible). If we simply call here even pocket pairs have the implied odds to draw on for 1 SB. Allowing any sort of draw to see the turn for 1 SB would be a mistake here, in my opinion, that could cost you the entire pot. I think you gotta give the remaining opponents a chance to make a mistake, be it folding with the correct odds to draw on or calling on with incorrect odds. In my opinion, protection should be your foremost concern on the flop.

EDIT: I don't even think this is a WA/WB situation becuase:
-it is highly unlikely villain will attempt to 3-bet the flop with a worse hand with other players present
-villain will likely fold a big pocket pair should another player show strength on the flop/turn, thus calling will gain you no extra bets when you are ahead of villain
-if the pot is multiway (which it will be if you call) villain may even take a free card on the turn with a pocket pair

Solid_p
08-29-2005, 12:15 PM
I think I like betting the flop and calling down if raised. As it turned out, I think you have to look at the river with your 3 outs to win and 3 outs for a split (4.5 outs total) against AK. You´re getting 14-1 here and that´s more than enough.

callmedonnie
09-07-2005, 01:15 PM
This hand has me completely confused. It was in digest under hidden outs and no one mentions hidden outs at all. I'm assuming that five on turn that gave you two pair is what was meant. I'm not sure that makes any difference at all though. I was thinking WA/WB line because of three bet. Slick has you beat, and you are way ahead of big pairs that would have only two outs.

Also, why does no one mention the potential that 3 bettor is making a move because of the the posters? On the flop he could have had a flush draw, though I have to admit I would discount that by the turn raise.

Jake (The Snake)
09-07-2005, 02:56 PM
I wrote hidden outs because I highly doubt most people could accurately count the number of outs we have against a hand like AK quickly here. 27offsooot already alluded to this. This is a good out-counting hand, imo.

Also, the hand itself is fairly interesting.