PDA

View Full Version : Eagles release Corey Simon

Dubra
08-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2145502)

I know the team is deep at the position but why release him? what the ****? the guy is a pro bowl performer and they are not going to use that cap money on anyone else. god this team frustrates me... they really want to be the buffalo bills. spend some extra f'ing money and win a damn championship even if it puts you in not great cap position next year. /end rant

Wes ManTooth
08-28-2005, 11:13 PM
he is not released, philly just dropped the franchise tag from him. Also just because he was once a pro bowler doesn't mean the eagles should sign him to a long term contract and waste money on him. Granted it may not effect the cap this year but certainly in the years to come.

Dubra
08-28-2005, 11:54 PM
His agent has basically stated that he will not resign with the eagles. in addition, they do not have to sign him long term. if they keep the tag on him, simon has no options.

utmt40
08-29-2005, 12:10 AM
He'll end up with Kansas City

holeplug
08-29-2005, 01:26 AM
I'm kinda surprised they released him but I guess they didn't want another malcontent in the locker room this season. He is probably fat and out of shape now anyway though. He did the same thing last season and stunk the first half of the season before finally playing his way into shape.