PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Hand

KneeCo
08-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Tonight was my first night of Omaha H/L. One thing I'm wondering is, at micro-limits, how much credit do I give other players? Here's a hand that examplifies this: (couldn't get converter to work, so I improvised)
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker (7 handed) .5/1$

Preflop: Hero is UTG + 1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Stainfighter calls [$0.50].
Hero raises [$1].
AnyNamesLeft calls [$1].
zeroplus folds.
alpro folds.
leooliva folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
actuaryal checks.
Stainfighter checks.
mtlkneeco bets [$0.50].
AnyNamesLeft calls [$0.50].
actuaryal folds.
Stainfighter calls [$0.50].

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Stainfighter checks.
mtlkneeco bets [$1].
AnyNamesLeft calls [$1].
Stainfighter calls [$1].

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Stainfighter checks.
Hero ??

[/ QUOTE ]

If I just check here to avoid paying off an A3 am I losing value by giving the villains too much credit, or is a check-call here the obvious move?

GooperMC
08-28-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I losing value by giving the villains too much credit

[/ QUOTE ]
There are 1001 hands that beat you in both directions and you are in a 3 way pot. I think that betting here would be horrible, check and hope the guy behind you checks too. If he bets and stainfighter folds, call. If he bets and stainfighter calls I would think about throwing it away. I probably wouldn't but I would seriously consider it.

KneeCo
08-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the insight, for the record we checked it down and I scooped the pot, just wanted to know if I lost value on the river.

Expect a lot of stupid questions in the coming weeks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Brad F.
08-29-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the insight, for the record we checked it down and I scooped the pot, just wanted to know if I lost value on the river.

Expect a lot of stupid questions in the coming weeks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you got lucky enough to scoop this pot, but don't get used to it on a board like that.

Brad