PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question

08-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I was reading the One Week Straight thread and in it the O.P. in one of his posts made the comment that" you can never be sure what your capable of" as a reason for getting involved in cocaine after 27 years avoiding it. Basically hes saying "You Never Know". Well this got me to thinking of a conversation I had with my mother when I was a teenager in which she explained what rape was to me(since I was entering the age where sexual relations with girls was likely)basically setting me straight. So she said that since I was much stronger physiclly than girls i could easily force them and therefore get in a lot of trouble, But I told her that was impossible because if a girl did not willingly want to have sex wth me it wasn't happening. I know for a fact it could not happen. I do know what I am capable of, at least the things I have control over.

After reading this do you think it is possible for me to rape a woman? I am 5-11 200 pounds. I do construction so I am fairly strong.

polltard

polltard

Al P
08-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Drink 15 of those mugs in your avatar and anything can happen.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Physically, yes. Mentally, probably not.

mslif
08-28-2005, 07:44 PM
You could probably force a girl to have sex, you are definitely big enough. how do you know for sure you would not do it? maybe for the same reason you would not kill someone, you know deep inside that it is wrong.
Rape is not about sex though, it's about control.

08-28-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Physically, yes. Mentally, probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is mentally impossible , it is physically impossible. At least that is the position i took. In other words if you don't believe you can do it, you can't. Just like success

polltard

08-28-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could probably force a girl to have sex, you are definitely big enough. how do you know for sure you would not do it? maybe for the same reason you would not kill someone, you know deep inside that it is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is mentally impossible, it is physically impossible to force someone(so i could not probably force a girl).I am turned off by women who don't want to have sex with me. I would kill someone under the right circumstances.How do I know for sure, because i said so that's how. I control me.

polltard

08-28-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drink 15 of those mugs in your avatar and anything can happen. [/quote

Dude, after 15 of those mugs i would be lucky if I could see her let alone rape her.

polltard

STLantny
08-28-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is mentally impossible, it is physically impossible to force someone(so i could not probably force a girl).I am turned off by women who don't want to have sex with me. I would kill someone under the right circumstances.How do I know for sure, because i said so that's how. I control me.

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you can control these emmotions at all times, you are most definetly can not. Ive done many things that Ive thought I was not mentally able to do. I was wrong.

Jimbo
08-28-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

So if your only two choices were to either kill your mother or rape a strange woman you'd kill your mother? strange........

08-28-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you can control these emmotions at all times, you are most definetly can not. Ive done many things that Ive thought I was not mentally able to do. I was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should speak for yourself. You said"I've done many things that I've thought I was not mentally able to do"
This is something I am mentally able to do. Slightly different.

polltard

08-28-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

So if your only two choices were to either kill your mother or rape a strange woman you'd kill your mother? strange........

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't even a remotely realistic scenario and I don't know what your point is.

polltard

Jimbo
08-28-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That isn't even a remotely realistic scenario and I don't know what your point is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hate being incorrect I see. You said it was impossible for you to commit rape. I gave you an improbable though not impossible scenario that doesn't fit in your little universe and you are unable to admit you were wrong.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 08:31 PM
You are making the basic, assumption that because doing something is mentally impossible, its physically impossible as well. That is wrong. You are wrong. Just because you "say" Ill never rape a women, becasue its mentally impossible for you to do so is not a statement that is 100% true. You have no clue what lies ahead in your life. To claim you do is ignorant.

08-28-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You hate being incorrect I see. You said it was impossible for you to commit rape. I gave you an improbable though not impossible scenario that doesn't fit in your little universe and you are unable to admit you were wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under what conditions of life would i be presented with only these 2 choices. How would this come about, and don't you think I would fight you. I mean how do you give me only these 2 choices, Who are you to give me this silly unrealistic scenario and I'm supposed to deal with your fantasy world. NO.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Under what conditions of life would i be presented with only these 2 choices. How would this come about, and don't you think I would fight you. I mean how do you give me only these 2 choices, Who are you to give me this silly unrealistic scenario and I'm supposed to deal with your fantasy world. NO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You brought up a theoretical subject, about something that is improbable to ever happen, and is a fantasy scenerio. Then you chastise him for proving you wrong. Weird.

Jimbo
08-28-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The scenario: A very bad man has your mother held hostage and you have confirmed it is true. He offers you a choice to either rape a stranger or he will kill your mother. Since it is impossible for you to rape a woman you will allow your mother to be killed. Or were you incorrect about it being impossible for you to rape a woman? You see why you should rarely if ever deal in absolutes? It is because in your limited life experiences you do not know what is possible or impossible for you to do under extreme circumstances.

08-28-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You brought up a theoretical subject, about something that is improbable to ever happen, and is a fantasy scenerio. Then you chastise him for proving you wrong. Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is my subject theoretical? Rape is a fantasy scenario. i don't think so. How did he prove me wrong?

polltard

mslif
08-28-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do I know for sure, because i said so that's how. I control me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot be sure of that unless you are faced with these situations.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 08:42 PM
After reading this do you think it is possible for me to rape a woman

K its one or the other.
Its either an impossibility for you to rape a women (due to control of your mental state), therefore its a fantasy-type scenerio

OR

You have to admit the possibility that its possible that you could have the mental attribute tha twould cause you to rape a woman.

Which is it?

Jimbo, and mslif, have made the argument I trying to convey. Much better than I did of course.

08-28-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The scenario: A very bad man has your mother held hostage and you have confirmed it is true. He offers you a choice to either rape a stranger or he will kill your mother. Since it is impossible for you to rape a woman you will allow your mother to be killed. Or were you incorrect about it being impossible for you to rape a woman? You see why you should rarely if ever deal in absolutes? It is because in your limited life experiences you do not know what is possible or impossible for you to do under extreme circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would track him down free my mother and kill him. You see.

By the way: not everybody loves there mother. Keep this fact in mind

polltard

08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are making the basic, assumption that because doing something is mentally impossible, its physically impossible as well. That is wrong. You are wrong. Just because you "say" Ill never rape a women, becasue its mentally impossible for you to do so is not a statement that is 100% true. You have no clue what lies ahead in your life. To claim you do is ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the brain isn't part of the physical world? huh. Where do you seperate the two. If your brain isn't controling your physical actions ...whose is?

polltard

Jimbo
08-28-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So the brain isn't part of the physical world? huh. Where do you seperate the two. If your brain isn't controling your physical actions ...whose is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not yours. I bet you were a stubborn little boy as well.

Jimbo
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would track him down free my mother and kill him. You see.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would allow your mother to be put to certain death rAther than admit you are wrong? It figures, I bet you are a winning pokerplayer too. right?

08-28-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bailing huh. I guess you don't get to make all the rules, huh
Jimbo.

polltard

Jimbo
08-28-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimbo.

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, when I find someone who is unable to both answer a question and admit they were mistaken I figure they are no longer worth my time.

08-28-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimbo.

polltard

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, when I find someone who is unable to both answer a question and admit they were mistaken I figure they are no longer worth my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the one who has failed to answer myl question.

I said I would track him down free my mother and kill him. What is wrong with that? Not realistic enough for you? Well now you know how I feel.

polltard