PDA

View Full Version : Awkward

ClaytonN
08-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I ordered Chinese food. Guy told me to go outside (crap) and pick it up in the parking lot of the dorm next door in 5 minutes. That's fine, I say. Except in the real version, it took me 6 minutes to decipher where the hell he wanted me to be. Delivery driver with broken english = confusion.

So, I wait, and see a small crappy Accord pull up to the front of the parking lot on top of the yellow lines (ie not parking for long). The guy was also Asian, so I approached the car. He got out and gave me this blank look. Awkwardness ensues. At that instant, a car with markings of a chinese restaurant beeps and pulls into the parking lot. I gave him a decent tip, and went inside.

Oh, and I guess I should also mention that I dreamt last night that I saw the real El Diablo drive by my neighborhood. I introduced myself and he said he could call me Bob. He was a WASP, 40'ish. He did not make any gang signs.

tbach24
08-28-2005, 06:06 PM
You should've said "rroooh sro srorry" to the first asian guy.

istewart
08-28-2005, 06:14 PM
What did you get?

KDawgCometh
08-28-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
see a small crappy Accord pull up to the front of the parking lot on top of the yellow lines (ie not parking for long). The guy was also Asian, so I approached the car. He got out and gave me this blank look. Awkwardness ensues. At that instant, a car with markings of a chinese restaurant beeps and pulls into the parking lot. I gave him a decent tip, and went inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the best part

STLantny
08-28-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
see a small crappy Accord pull up to the front of the parking lot on top of the yellow lines (ie not parking for long). The guy was also Asian, so I approached the car. He got out and gave me this blank look. Awkwardness ensues. At that instant, a car with markings of a chinese restaurant beeps and pulls into the parking lot. I gave him a decent tip, and went inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the best part

[/ QUOTE ]

Does someone have a Captain Obvious gimmick account I could borrow?

KDawgCometh
08-28-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the best part

[/ QUOTE ]

Does someone have a Captain Obvious gimmick account I could borrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, dreaming about el d is also up there too, dumbass

ClaytonN
08-28-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What did you get?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot stickers, which ruled
Kun Pao Beef no vegetables, which is good and should last me until at least Tuesday

lighterjobs
08-28-2005, 06:35 PM
it would have been so much funnier if you asked the asian guy where your delivery was. it reminds me of the seinfeld episode where jerry asks the mailman where the chinese restaurant is because he's asian.