PDA

View Full Version : Clarett cut by Broncos

IHateKeithSmart
08-28-2005, 06:02 PM
I didn't see this (http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_240173550.html) coming. Really.

morello
08-28-2005, 06:07 PM
At least the contract they gave him included virtually no bonus money. Good work on his agent's part!

But what a waste of a third round pick.

IHateKeithSmart
08-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I heard Elway (on Dan Patrick I think) the other day say that he trusted Shanahan's judgment on Clarett. Whoops.

holeplug
08-28-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it says alot about your scouting department when a 3rd round pick doesn't even make the team....

utmt40
08-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I think he will find a home somewhere else. They just have way too many RBs there anyway. Someone like Chicago will pick him up.

IggyWH
08-28-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he will find a home somewhere else. They just have way too many RBs there anyway. Someone like Chicago will pick him up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not Pittsburgh? We need help at RB and with Jerome & Duce in their last years with the club, Mo might have a chance here.

There's too much potential to give up on him already.

IHateKeithSmart
08-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Maybe his one year at Ohio St. was a fluke? It's been three years, and after his combine/etc. performance and this training camp, who knows. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

trying2learn
08-28-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm a bronco fan - and while it bums me out that we wasted a pick - i like them taking a shot here.

to get him to sign a contract with ZERO bonus money for just an incentive laden deal, the broncos had nothing to lose. one late third round pick to try and find a steal is worth it to me...oh well.

utmt40
08-28-2005, 06:58 PM
I think he'll end up being decent one day.

HDPM
08-28-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it says alot about your scouting department when a 3rd round pick doesn't even make the team....

[/ QUOTE ]

Shanahan is a dreadful player personnel guy. They need a real GM. Blowing picks consistently is awful. Still not anything compared to Dan Reeves picking Tommy Maddox with Carl Pickens on the board when they had Elway and Elway never had a reciever over 5'3". Bowlen needs to tell Shanahan to accept a GM in charge of the draft and free agents. He has shown he is incompetent at it through the years. Clarett is just the latest installment. this looks like a team in long term stagnation.

Dubra
08-28-2005, 09:48 PM
i really wouldnt mind seeing the eagles pick him up because of the lack of depth at the position.

tolbiny
08-28-2005, 10:13 PM
"I'm a bronco fan - and while it bums me out that we wasted a pick - i like them taking a shot here."

But from the runors on draft day it looked like he still would have been there in the fourth, and possibly even the fith round.

Voltron87
08-28-2005, 10:14 PM
im totally in this guys corner. i want him to succeed and i hope he gets some nfl starts. ill be rooting for him.

flatline
08-28-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe his one year at Ohio St. was a fluke? It's been three years, and after his combine/etc. performance and this training camp, who knows. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of players can dominate in college and not be able to hang in the pros. It doesn't mean his college performance was a "fluke".

tdarko
08-29-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im totally in this guys corner. i want him to succeed and i hope he gets some nfl starts. ill be rooting for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
um i think everything you do just the opposite.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
um i think everything you do just the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really havent followed his story at all and i really dont know crap about football, but that is just my gut instinct. i dont know much of the specifics of his "career", just about him suing the nfl or whatever.

MrFeelNothin
08-29-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for the first time EVAH, i agree with Voltron87.

god save me.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

god save me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think, in general, i am wrong about a lot of small stuff in life but i nail the big issues. this is one of the small ones i know im good for.

MrFeelNothin
08-29-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

god save me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think, in general, i am wrong about a lot of small stuff in life but i nail the big issues. this is one of the small ones i know im good for.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe im just a yankee hatah.

imported_anacardo
08-29-2005, 02:25 AM
What's the least bit appealing about this guy to you?

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the least bit appealing about this guy to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what, i have no idea. im just pulling for him. i have no reason to dislike him. maybe my subconcious just wants to see him spite everyone.

johnnybeef
08-29-2005, 02:57 AM
Thats too bad. He had some real assholes on his side that gave him some very bad advice. What a waste of talent.

LargeCents
08-29-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats too bad. He had some real assholes on his side that gave him some very bad advice. What a waste of talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kinda rooting for Clarett, at first, after I saw the Broncos took him in the 3rd round. I felt like the NFL had failed him thus far. I thought Denver was his ideal situation, where he wouldn't be put into any high pressure situations before he was able to get his legs under him. He could learn at a comfortable pace, perhaps.

After seeing how he washed out with the Broncos, I don't think he'll catch on anywhere. The Broncos were his best hope. I watched the Colt-Broncos preseason game, and they talked about how Shannahan had to take him aside at least a dozen times, etc, and that he just didn't have an NFL "work ethic". He scowled as he paced the sidelines, never even getting a snap. Maybe he knew what was coming.

The writing is on the wall when a 3rd round pick gets cut this soon. There is something chronically wrong with this guy. If anyone takes him, it's a mistake.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like him too. Other than the fact that he's both lazy and stupid.

adios
08-29-2005, 11:41 AM
He hasn't played and the Broncos have enough depth at running back without him so it's not a big surprise. A bad draft pick? Yeah but all temas make them and there have been a lot worse. If you want to see a recent history of bad draft picks look at the expansion Browns.

brettbrettr
08-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Its because of the performace of this man:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/brettbrettr/dayne.jpg

Bill C
08-29-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He hasn't played and the Broncos have enough depth at running back without him so it's not a big surprise. A bad draft pick? Yeah but all temas make them and there have been a lot worse. If you want to see a recent history of bad draft picks look at the expansion Browns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure the Broncos hoped for more, but this guy has an awful attitude, plus he never showed them he could play. My guess is that somebody will pick him up (??Arizona??) and give him a shot, but I don't think he's going anywhere.

Just my $.02 worth...
bill

pokerdirty
08-30-2005, 02:28 AM
[censored] clarett.

sure he helped OSU get to the national championship (i'm not going to say he helped them win it, the zebras did that /images/graemlins/grin.gif ) but all the [censored] he did afterwards almost voids his OSU career. I hope to see him taking my order at mcdonalds very soon.