PDA

View Full Version : KK - Hindering my Game

juggla
08-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Is there ever a time you would just call a reraise from an opponite when u have just raised with ur K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif? At the table I am Tight-Agressive, I'm not sure if the table pays attention to my image.

Well in regards to K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif,I never do, I just push every time.

But I have been noticing (espcially on Poker Traker) that I'm usually always up against AA.

When I get reraised should I just call or should I just say F it, push all in and see what happens?

I'd like ur thoughts please

1.) against loose-passive
2.) Loose-aggressive
3.)Tight-Aggressive
4.)Tight-Passive

Thanks,

Juggla

You can't F%#* with the Juggla - ICP

stu-unger
08-28-2005, 06:09 PM
i personally dont ever 3 bet any hand pre-flop unless i know my particular villain is a super duper donk. the reason being that it allows your villain to play perfectly against u, ie folding anything except aces and kings in most cases.

08-28-2005, 06:14 PM
I agree, villian likely only calls your 3-bet/push with AA, and with maybe AK or QQ being possible, but not likely.
I like a call most of the time.

kongo_totte
08-28-2005, 06:20 PM
If a tightish/non-donkish player re-raises me pre-flop I always just call with kings. If you push, he is likely only calling w/ AA-KK. QQ-JJ might go crazy on a rag flop though.

Malachii
08-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Really? My default play is to just push anytime somebody reraises me and I have AA or KK. I figure that I'm playing it exactly like a lot of players will play an AK, and I might as well get some "loose" calls from a hands like AK-TT.

I definitely don't think you should be calling and trying to trap against more than one opponent, especially if you have a hard time getting away from big pairs postflop. The last thing you want to do is give a speculative hand a cheap flop because they definitely have implied odds against you.

juggla
08-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Much appriciated. This will help me fix a Huge Leak!

Now what is you play post flop?

When ur 1st to act
Do u Probe Bet or Check-raise to see where you stand?

When ur left of the re-raiser, do u just call, raisem or fold when rag flops?

again
1.) against loose-passive
2.) Loose-aggressive
3.)Tight-Aggressive
4.)Tight-Passive

If A/images/graemlins/heart.gif comes I'm out to a bet.

kongo_totte
08-28-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I definitely don't think you should be calling and trying to trap against more than one opponent, especially if you have a hard time getting away from big pairs postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not calling "trying to trap". I have know idea if I am ahead or behind if a tight player re-raises me. Alot of the time I am up against aces. I am calling because alot/most players will call a 3-bet all in w/ aces and aces only. What some other poster said, by pushing I allow them to play perfectly. It's quite player dependant though. If I am up against a player I think will call a push with queens, I of course push. Most of the time that is bad though since it does not make me any money when I am ahead (and it costs me a stack when I am behind).

Note: My stack my very well be in there after the flop, but hopefully my opponent won't put me on AA/KK since I did not 3-raise pre-flop.

mudbuddha
08-28-2005, 06:58 PM
yep, bet at tha ace and fold to resistance, alot of the times u will just take it down anyways.. if your playing at VCpoker haha

08-28-2005, 07:03 PM
When you have KK your opponent will have AA 1 on 24 times. What it means is that I believe you have to play it as it is the best hand pre-flop, whatever others do. With KK I would certainly go all-in except in the very rare case of a Gibraltar Rock sitting there for hours without playing. Then I might consider calling to see the flop. But even there, I still believe raising is the correct play.

jjacky
08-28-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i personally dont ever 3 bet any hand pre-flop unless i know my particular villain is a super duper donk. the reason being that it allows your villain to play perfectly against u, ie folding anything except aces and kings in most cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to 3-bet with aces and against some opponents with kings. from time to time i get an opponent all in with a hand like QQ or JJ.

Slappz
08-28-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you have KK your opponent will have AA 1 on 24 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howd u get those odds?

kongo_totte
08-28-2005, 09:32 PM
I am not saying that you should be unwilling to go all in pre-flop w/ K K. I am happy to be all in against 99% of all players unless stacks are absurdely deep. Smooth-calling re-raises pre-flop w/ K K is in most cases an extraction play.

yvesaint
08-28-2005, 10:47 PM
If I get re-raised, putting in another raise just screams 'I have AA/KK. Can you beat that? If not, fold.'

Donks love overpairs. I think I'll risk giving them a 2-outer to get it all-in against there QQ-TT on a rag flop. Let's say you raise UTG, Button re-raises you with JJ. Would he seriously call a push from you at that point? No, but a check-raise push on a ragged flop will get it in nicely.

EDIT: Of course, this can all change with reads. Some people would gladly get it all-in pre-flop with QQ or JJ or AK. Those people pay off, but are also why we have reads to begin with.

FiReSiStAnT
08-28-2005, 11:06 PM
If your talking online I think its a defiant push, although a stop and go type move ight work fine too if no ace hits....

FiReSiStAnT
08-28-2005, 11:11 PM
actually that is right...a a table of 9 with 8 players left with cards, there is a 1 in 25 chance of a player being dealt AA when u have KK

source: intelligent guide to tx hldem by Braids....