PDA

View Full Version : Another $3-$6 online game.

Huh
04-12-2003, 12:05 AM
I get pocket Kings in Middle position. UTG raises, UTG+1 calls cold, folded to me, I raise, and UTG, UTG+1 call.

Flop is Q 3 3 rainbow.

UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, I raise, UTG folds, +1 calls.

Turn is T completing the rainbow.

+1 checks, I bet, he/shee calls.

River is Q.

UTG checks,

whats your move?

Actions/Results to follow....

-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

BBill
04-12-2003, 04:43 AM
Unless +1 has been doing a lot of check-raising I'd bet here.
What happened ?

rayrns
04-12-2003, 06:50 AM
On the flop you have UTG +1 folding and calling. Don't think that works.
I would just call. You can only lose one BB by NOT betting at this point.

Huh
04-12-2003, 11:42 AM
I bet he called I won.

UTG+1 had pocket Jacks.

Bob T.
04-12-2003, 01:42 PM
I think the default play here, would be to bet - players with an Ace, or pair will call, and fold to a raise, because most players won't raise without a Queen.

Bob T.
04-12-2003, 01:55 PM
You can only lose one BB by NOT betting at this point.

You can lose one bet that you would have won, by checking it down.

I think betting the river when I am probably ahead, is one of the best pieces of advice that I recieved from this board. There were a lot of river play posts, last fall, and the consensus on almost every one of them was 'bet it, worse hands will call'. For me, betting the river more frequently, coincided with a two month run at 3+ big bets per hour. I think that this hand clearly falls in that category, because with two pair on the board, any Ace will call, and because so many players will bet an ace here, any pair will also call. I think checking the river down will cost you a potential bet.

On the other side of the coin, would you raise a bettor on the river with a hand that didn't contain a queen? I don't think that many players would, so when you bet, and get raised, I don't think that you have to call them down. So betting will usually only cost you one bet.

elysium
04-12-2003, 02:01 PM
hi huh
bet it everytime.

dux
04-13-2003, 08:36 AM
I'm guessing pocket pair, and if you think he'll call with some lower two pairs or an ace kicker then bet.

RockLobster
04-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Hi Bob--

I think betting the river when I am probably ahead, is one of the best pieces of advice that I recieved from this board.

I'm with you on this one. I began consciously doing this over the last couple of weeks and I think it's made a big difference. A big weakness in my game (that this board has helped a lot with) was identifying when to bet the river and when not to, based on the fact that my opponent wouldn't call unless they had me beat. Now that I'm more comfortable with these decisions, I'm making more money.

I visit the dentist twice a year, and 2+2 twice a day. Both keep me smiling /forums/images/icons/grin.gif