PDA

View Full Version : Picking up a girl that is surrounded by guys.

wacki
08-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Last night I ran across an interesting situation. There was this uber hot girl at the club. She was surrounded by guys. I looked at her she saw me looking at her but I didn't approach. I went into another room with a DJ with my friends. 5 minutes later she came into the room and stood 5 feet away. She lit a cig and took 2 puffs turn to me and with a huge grin smiled and said "hi". I said "hi" and before I could get a second word out she turned away to ash in the garbage can and 2 guys came up and talked to her and took her away. There wasn't much time for conversation if any.

10 minutes later she walked up to me and we chatted for about 5 minutes. She then said for me to stay there and she would be back. She then went to talk to her male friends. I was with a bunch of girls last night so I went to talk to them. 10 minutes later I noticed she walked right by me (it was a big club) but didn't approach. Maybe it was because I was with a bunch of girls? I don't know. Anyway right as I noticed she walked by a guy grabbed her. At that point I didn't care as she was hot but not something I would date for more than a month. She could of made a good friend though.

Still, lets say I did care, what would be the expert play?

should I wave and smile at her and let her approach me for a third time? That seems like a dildo move to me.

Should I approach her when she is surrounded by guys? That has trouble all over it.

Should I just buy her a drink and give it to her when she is with the guys? Or have the bartender give it to her? She probably has enough of those.

Should I bombard her when she goes to the bathroom? That means I have to stare at her every 30 seconds... eek. Also, 1 lady friend told me that is the perfect time, another woman said she hates that move. But whatever....

08-28-2005, 04:19 PM
SIIHP

wacki
08-28-2005, 04:24 PM
courtesy of another 2+2'er via google talk:

as she went to walk off, and said she would be back
you say "hey you got people here you have to talk to and so do I"
so about I just get you number
and we can talk over lunch

mslif
08-28-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I just buy her a drink and give it to her when she is with the guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad move, a smart girl won't take a drink from a guy in a bar (You could have slipped something in it)
She came to you twice and you did not make a move, she probably thought you were not interested.
My question is why did she let those guys take her away? If she was really interested in you she would have told them to get lost.
Getting her while she was going to the bathroom would have been you best bet here. Not the perfect timing but if this is the only time she is alone, go for it.

mslif
08-28-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that's a pretty good move.

utmt40
08-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Just do what HITCH would do and you'll be fine.

BusterStacks
08-28-2005, 04:46 PM
*point finger*

"You... now"

I think you gotta go all or nothing here.

Brad22
08-28-2005, 04:59 PM
You have to close when you were talking to her. If she's that hot, be funny and keep the conversation light. Bust on her a few times to keep her laughing and on her toes, then get a number.

Whatever, you learned for the next time.

cardcounter0
08-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Hahahahaha! Why do you think she was surrounded by guys? She was playing all of you. She was trying to rope you into being a part of her fan club also. Later that night, she left the club alone, and went and banged her Biker boy friend really hard.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IggyWH
08-28-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
should I wave

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, giving a faggity ass wave to a chick in a club is a definite panty dropper.

stretch22
08-28-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5 minutes later she came into the room and stood 5 feet away. She lit a cig and took 2 puffs turn to me and with a huge grin smiled and said "hi".

2 guys came up and talked to her and took her away.

10 minutes later she walked up to me and we chatted for about 5 minutes.

I was with a bunch of girls last night so I went to talk to them. she walked right by me (it was a big club) but didn't approach. Maybe it was because I was with a bunch of girls?

[/ QUOTE ]

The situation seems a lot more clear when paraphrased. Okay first of all, hot girls aren't used to approaching people. they are used to being approached, so the fact that this girl approached you TWICE is a sign of her interest. How did those guys take her away? Did you protest? Did she? This is all very important to the situation. After you made a bad play by letting her go in the first place, she gives you another try. Big move, hot girls dont approach people. Then you go and make yourself as unaccessible as possible. She's already put herself on the line twice to talk to you and now you make it impossible by going and talking to the competition and enemy. But still she persists. She comes and MAKES HERSELF AVAILABLE, hoping you would do the same. She was throwing herself at you but you isolated yourself. She was feeling rejected. She had been putting herself on the line and you were not taking the bait. Can you not see that?

wacki
08-28-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
should I wave

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, giving a faggity ass wave to a chick in a club is a definite panty dropper.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is if you are good looking, adorably cute, or she just likes you. But it is a step back so not a good option in this situation.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that's a pretty good move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats good, but even better. You were with a bunch of girls right, were they good friends? If so, and they were willing....
this is a perfect situation to run interference, have your friends walk over to the guys, while they are talking to your chick, and have the girls flirt a little with the guys, you walk over during the interference, intro yourself to the dudes, then start talking with the girl. Walk over to the bar to buy your girl a drink (with her obv), then your firends can take the dudes out of hte picture for a couple of minutes at least, and you can do your thing.

Lawrence Ng
08-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Just go up to her, say, "Hi My name is <...>. What's your name? Would you like to buy me a drink?"

She'll give you a weird look and if she likes ya, she'll do it. You have to do something different, somewhat daring to really catch her attention.

Lawrence

tdarko
08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats good, but even better. You were with a bunch of girls right, were they good friends? If so, and they were willing....
this is a perfect situation to run interference, have your friends walk over to the guys, while they are talking to your chick, and have the girls flirt a little with the guys, you walk over during the interference, intro yourself to the dudes, then start talking with the girl. Walk over to the bar to buy your girl a drink (with her obv), then your firends can take the dudes out of hte picture for a couple of minutes at least, and you can do your thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
well played sir.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just go up to her, say, "Hi My name is <...>. What's your name? Would you like to buy me a drink?"

She'll give you a weird look and if she likes ya, she'll do it. You have to do something different, somewhat daring to really catch her attention.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to amateur hour.

Al P
08-28-2005, 06:01 PM
The expert play would have been to not leave your ballsack at home that night.

A_C_Slater
08-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Any manuever this complicated is more trouble than it's worth. The best case scenario is that you have mad freak sex and you orgasm. Big deal.

wacki
08-28-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Her name is Emily.

A_C_Slater
08-28-2005, 06:38 PM
This reminds me of a Hunter Thompson story. Back when HST was auditioning roles for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas he took Benicio Del Toro to some club to see if he wanted him for the part of the "Samoan" attorney.

He was with Johnny Depp who already had his part locked up. So the 3 of them are sitting at this table and Hunter notices this hot chick sitting with her boyfriend on the other side of the club.

He says to Del Toro "What makes you think you can play this part? You can't play this part. Tell you what, you see that girl over there? If you can get that girl to come sit over here with us for the rest of the night then the part is yours."

He didn't do it. But he did threaten to slap Hunter in the face later in the evening, and this is what ended up getting him the part.

So if Benicio Del Toro can't pull it off and convince a girl sitting with her boyfriend to come sit with him and Johnny Depp than that means no one can do it (assuming the relationship isn't on the outs or during a fight.)

STLantny
08-28-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of a Hunter Thompson story. Back when HST was auditioning roles for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas he took Benicio Del Toro to some club to see if he wanted him for the part of the "Samoan" attorney.

He was with Johnny Depp who already had his part locked up. So the 3 of them are sitting at this table and Hunter notices this hot chick sitting with her boyfriend on the other side of the club.

He says to Del Toro "What makes you think you can play this part? You can't play this part. Tell you what, you see that girl over there? If you can get that girl to come sit over here with us for the rest of the night then the part is yours."

He didn't do it. But he did threaten to slap Hunter in the face later in the evening, and this is what ended up getting him the part.

So if Benicio Del Toro can't pull it off and convince a girl sitting with her boyfriend to come sit with him and Johnny Depp than that means no one can do it (assuming the relationship isn't on the outs or during a fight.)

[/ QUOTE ]

No bearing on this situation. OP didnt know if the girl had a boyfriend, and Del Toro didnt even try. Id wager he could have easily done it. Id bet that on principle Del Toro didnt do it, because he knew it had little to know bearing on whether he got the part or his acting abilit.y

A_C_Slater
08-28-2005, 06:44 PM
True, he didn't try. But that's because he and Thompson both knew it was a nearly impossible act.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
True, he didn't try. But that's because he and Thompson both knew it was a nearly impossible act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a chance that was the reason. There is no way that is an impossible act. If Del Toro, went up to the girl and said, hey Johnny wants to say hi, 100% of girls would at the very least, come over to meet him.

Ditch her and looks for some fat girl. They are always desperate and willing.

tdarko
[ QUOTE ]
hot girls dont approach people

[/ QUOTE ]
this is wrong. my gf is very pretty and she approached me, she gave me her number and she discussed her interest. i was the one that called her of course but she made the approach.

p.s. i would have approached her but at the time i had a gf and everyone of my friends was trying to get with her and i wasn't going to c*ck block my friends even though they were failing miserably.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 06:47 PM
It doesnt mean she would [censored] him.......forgot to say that.

STLantny
08-28-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hot girls dont approach people

[/ QUOTE ]
this is wrong. my gf is very pretty and she approached me, she gave me her number and she discussed her interest. i was the one that called her of course but she made the approach.

p.s. i would have approached her but at the time i had a gf and everyone of my friends was trying to get with her and i wasn't going to c*ck block my friends even though they were failing miserably.

[/ QUOTE ]

My two best friends are extremely hot chicks, they approach guys all the time.

A_C_Slater
08-28-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a chance that was the reason. There is no way that is an impossible act. If Del Toro, went up to the girl and said, hey Johnny wants to say hi, 100% of girls would at the very least, come over to meet him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course, but would she have stayed there the rest of the night and leave her boyfriend alone. He said it had to be just her.

08-28-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At that point I didn't care as she was hot but not something I would date for more than a month. She could of made a good friend though.

[/ QUOTE ]

See you lose me on this kind of stuff. You talked to her for 5 minutes and you know you wouldn't be interested for more than a month? Well, I guess you've got great instincts, HOWEVER, you then say, "She could have made a good friend".

I don't get it- she's hot and you would be interested in being friends with her for longer than a month. After you terminate an intimate relationship and remain "good friends" the only difference is you're not having sex with her. Strange….

STLantny
08-28-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course, but would she have stayed there the rest of the night and leave her boyfriend alone. He said it had to be just her.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt say tha tin the OP.

tdarko
08-28-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
See you lose me on this kind of stuff. You talked to her for 5 minutes and you know you wouldn't be interested for more than a month? Well, I guess you've got great instincts, HOWEVER, you then say, "She could have made a good friend".

I don't get it- she's hot and you would be interested in being friends with her for longer than a month. After you terminate an intimate relationship and remain "good friends" the only difference is you're not having sex with her. Strange….

[/ QUOTE ]
i think what he meant was that he got the feeling that she wasn't interested (and wacki isn't a douche and understands that that will happen) and if that is the case then from the time he spent with her i guess he really clicked with her personality and thought that she would be cool to hang out with...plus sometimes you [censored] friends man, thats why it's called "[censored] buddy."

lucas9000
08-28-2005, 09:04 PM
didn't john nash solve this problem decades ago? or was that just in the movie? i'm easily confused.

LethalRose
08-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Heres what I do in this situation, approach her when she has lots of guys around her. This will impress her.

Walk up to her and say this into her ear

"Hi there, unlike these gentlemen here I dont have time for small talk, id like to take you out. Will you give me your phone number?"

get it, walk away.

arod15
08-28-2005, 10:26 PM
grab her your being way to passive. She eye banged you right? Make a move and make it seem as if your better than her. Hot girls love guys who seem hard to get say here is my number call me sometime and ill try to fit you in to my schedule.

A_C_Slater
08-28-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heres what I do in this situation

"Hi there, unlike these gentlemen here I dont have time for small talk, id like to take you out. Will you give me your phone number?"

get it, walk away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually say someting like this except you have to leave the club after you get it because if she sees you she will know you weren't busy at all.

It's best to add "I have a meeting with the ambassador of Luxemborg in 20 minutes."

A_C_Slater
08-28-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
grab her your being way to passive. She eye banged you right? Make a move and make it seem as if your better than her. Hot girls love guys who seem hard to get say here is my number call me sometime and ill try to fit you in to my schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm

So that's how Pat Bateman would handle it.

LethalRose
08-28-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Heres what I do in this situation

get it, walk away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually say someting like this except you have to leave the club after you get it because if she sees you she will know you weren't busy at all.

It's best to add "I have a meeting with the ambassador of Luxemborg in 20 minutes."

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily, just dont stand around and do nothing, dance with girls, talk with friends, etc... leaving the club would have the best effect though as she will wonder about you

tdarko
08-28-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm

So that's how Pat Bateman would handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]
sucks for that chick, now her head is going to be on a stick.

ddss6_99
08-28-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said to get the girl to come, but never said only the girl. An offer to buy them drinks and hang out is all it would have taken.

Michael Davis
08-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Alright obviously I am not qualified, but it seems that with uberhotchicks you need to alter your strategy to involve more ignoring, more outlandish arrogance, and more confidence. This chick saying "hi" to you was an invitation to take her away from all these other guys, who she likes talking to because it shows everyone that she is desirable, so on and so forth. She doesn't have to say hi to any guy, so for her to say anything to you is a big deal.

You shouldn't have let her walk away the first time. You should have said it's noisy or it's crowded or "I want to get back to my friends," gotten her number, and did your own thing for the rest of the night.

-Michael

A_C_Slater
08-28-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said to get the girl to come, but never said only the girl. An offer to buy them drinks and hang out is all it would have taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he meant just the girl. In what way would your scenario be impressive? You think he wants to hang with some girl and her boyfriend

STLantny
08-28-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he meant just the girl. In what way would your scenario be impressive? You think he wants to hang with some girl and her boyfriend

[/ QUOTE ]

Itd be impressive, because of the fact that when they join them for drinks, he is going to be able to flirt with the chick right in front of the boyfriend, and he wont do [censored] about it.

You guys all read too much mens health magazines. The only factor in this whole situation is the other dudes, and taking the risk of them getting pissed, and starting a scene. Leaving the club after getting a number etc, is just thinking to much work, and stupid. IF you dont want to hangout with her that night, then he should have just gotten the number the first time he talked to her, if he wanted to take her home, he should have done what i said in my OP.

A_C_Slater
08-28-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright obviously I am not qualified, but it seems that with uberhotchicks you need to alter your strategy to involve more ignoring, more outlandish arrogance, and more confidence.
-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Why stop there? Why not take it to the ultiamte level? When she walks up to speak to you just roll your eyes and say "as if" in the most exasperated tone you can muster.

Then just walk away.

This will crush her ego so throughly that she will become obsessed with you.

Either that, or she'll just think that you are the gay.

tdarko
08-28-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't have let her walk away the first time. You should have said it's noisy or it's crowded or "I want to get back to my friends," gotten her number, and did your own thing for the rest of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]
one that i have used (but b/c it was true) was similiar to what you mentioned except that i would say, "it's noisy/crowded lets go somewhere better to talk."

girls like confidence but they don't like rudeness and there is a line that you need learn not to cross. i have never understood the comments about ignoring or outlandish arrogance. you don't want to sport a cheeseburger grin and look waaaay top excited like you have never been around a pretty girl but there is nothing wrong with chatting a lady up, then saying you need to get back to your friends cause now she knows a little about you but not enough and it piques her interest. just going up to a girl and saying there are too many people around call me and we can talk it over (someone said this as advice) may work but i know it won't have the success rate as actually getting to know someone.

CardSharpCook
08-29-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alright obviously I am not qualified, but it seems that with uberhotchicks you need to alter your strategy to involve more ignoring, more outlandish arrogance, and more confidence.
-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Why stop there? Why not take it to the ultiamte level? When she walks up to speak to you just roll your eyes and say "as if" in the most exasperated tone you can muster.

Then just walk away.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROLF!!!!!!!!!! AC, you da man!!

OK, the pot his huge, but you have 33 unimproved on the flop. The board is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. It has been bet, called, raised, and called. I think we can safely fold this one.

CSC

lucas9000
08-29-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Then just walk away.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you're pwning this thread.

ChipWrecked
08-29-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

OK, the pot his huge, but you have 33 unimproved on the flop. The board is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. It has been bet, called, raised, and called. I think we can safely fold this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he is describing some sort of strategy game.