PDA

View Full Version : I still get unrational when I get my Aces cracked

aflaba
08-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

EDIT:
SB is 30/20 and MP is 50/0

What does SB's check-raise mean?
*flush draw
*straight draw(+pair)?
=most probable holding
Other hands I see check-raised (made straight, 2-pair?) beat me...

MP probably has a pair or some draw?
I called planning to either raise the turn or call down if a scare card hit. The raise on the turn:

*Get's more money in than a flop 3-bet. (I'm not really fond of a flop 3-bet, should I be?)

*I can get the money in as a bigger favorite (How big a favorite am I on the flop do you reckon? How big a favorite am I on the turn?)

*I can get MP out (or charge) of his 4+ outs.

Is it good?

(At the time of the turn I was contemplating a call down. Weak?)

Alobar
08-28-2005, 03:56 PM
I 3 bet the flop

Nietzsche
08-28-2005, 04:00 PM
I think it is a clear raise unless the CR comes from a passive who only CR two pair or better. That is a rare kind at 10/20 though.

7ontheline
08-28-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I 3 bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Any reasoning you would care to explain here? I don't know if raising the turn or 3-betting flop is better. I definitely want to put another raise in there somewhere, and calling the turn when the ultimate blank hits is too weak IMO. A flop c/r is so rarely anything more than a draw or pair - I don't see monsters c/r'd very often until the turn.

MrBig30
08-28-2005, 05:52 PM
I like this line a lot. I suppose you give up a small edge not 3-betting the flop, but you cant really protect your hand anyway as I cant see MP folding many hands for 2 more small bets - especially as he seems v loose. When you get that nice turn card it's a perfect time to face MP with 2 BB and punish SB if he is semibluffing on a draw (quite likely as he seems a bit aggro).
A turn 3-bet by SB would be nasty, but I would probably call it down in most cases.

mtdoak
08-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Just remember, aces, usually, are only 4-1 favorites over any random hand. Meaning your going to lose 20% of the time. As pretty as aces are, they are just one pair.

aflaba
08-28-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just remember, aces, usually, are only 4-1 favorites over any random hand. Meaning your going to lose 20% of the time. As pretty as aces are, they are just one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice post mtdoak. I actually need to remind myself of that. I have a long history of overplaying the top PP, mainly by not laying them down when I need to.

dave44
08-29-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I 3 bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Any reasoning you would care to explain here?

[/ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop mainly to face MP with 2, but also just plain for value.

jba
08-29-2005, 12:41 AM
i'm usually not this nitty but it's irrational

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

08-29-2005, 12:42 AM
I like 3-betting flop too, for other reasons stated, and it also gives you much more information on later rounds on if your hand is good or not if/when you're played back at.