PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX1000

Los Feliz Slim
08-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Just bought this for my laptop and I'm afraid I didn't think this through. Does the "base station" need to be connected to the computer when using the mouse? If so, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of being wireless if you're on a laptop?

I hate buying the wrong thing. Dang.

jmillerdls
08-28-2005, 06:52 PM
if you are on a laptop...then yes.

Amerzel
08-28-2005, 07:50 PM
the base station connects to the computer (or laptop), and your mouse transmits signals through that. If there was no base station, there would be no connection from your mouse to your machine. It sounds like you're looking for a small usb wireless mouse.

Los Feliz Slim
08-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I'm a moron. My computer has bluetooth, but I was seduced by the whole "laser on any surface" aspect.

I hate CompUSA so much I think I'd rather keep it than go back there. And, it works on my couch, which was the whole point. I think I can live with the wire and the base station, I'm not planning on taking the damn thing hiking.

Ray Zee
08-29-2005, 11:50 AM
i really like mine even though its big. i can use it on my leg. it works on most anything. even on your belly if its big.

Los Feliz Slim
08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
The size is perfect for my meathook-like hands, and the fact that it works on every surface other than glass is a great benefit. Once I got over my disappointment over the base station situation it really started to grow on me.

Rick Nebiolo
09-08-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm looking at this product because my current wired optical mouse just doesn't seem sensitive enough when multi-tabling at 1600 by 1200.

Question: My mouse and keyboard are on a keyboard drawer in a corner desk unit setup. Do I need to have line of site for the RF/Infrared receptor or whatever its called? I assume the receptor is in the charging base but I may be wrong.

Sorry if this question seems silly, but I'm not around many computers but my own.

BTW, CompUSA has this for $65 with a $25 rebate which appears to be cheapest. Not sure this is available in their B&M stores.

~ Rick

Freakin
09-08-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking at this product because my current wired optical mouse just doesn't seem sensitive enough when multi-tabling at 1600 by 1200.

Question: My mouse and keyboard are on a keyboard drawer in a corner desk unit setup. Do I need to have line of site for the RF/Infrared receptor or whatever its called? I assume the receptor is in the charging base but I may be wrong.

Sorry if this question seems silly, but I'm not around many computers but my own.

BTW, CompUSA has this for $65 with a $25 rebate which appears to be cheapest. Not sure this is available in their B&M stores.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Wireless stuff all uses RF now (with probably a few exceptions).

Freakin