PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to 10/20 aggression: 1 in a series of many.

Entity
08-28-2005, 03:17 PM
5-handed. One slightly loose passive limper limps in EP. CO, next to act, who has struck me as an overaggressive LAG so far, raises. I 3-bet KQo next to act. The SB, a seemingly good TAG, coldcalls 2.5 in the SB. The big blind folds. UTG calls two. LAG CO calls. 4 to the flop for 12.5SB.

The flop is 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to me and I check.

The turn is the 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the SB leads out. UTG folds. CO calls. I fold.

Mind-numbingly boring/standard?

jba
08-28-2005, 03:26 PM
i assume SB's range may be a bit wide here as he may share your read and know you will iso-raise here. However at this point I think the best we can hope for is K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif which is a freeroll for him. more likely he has 99-JJ which you don't have odds to draw against, or he has you dominated with overcards. standard I think.

dave44
08-28-2005, 03:28 PM
Looks fine. SB's line screams PP to me.

krishanleong
08-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I think I bet the flop. It's paired.

Krishan

dave44
08-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I think you're getting called here like always in a pot this size, most likley in numerous places.

imported_leader
08-28-2005, 03:41 PM
What do we think SB's range is here? If he knows CO is a LAG, he could be a little loser then we normally assume because he may believe you're trying to isolate CO. Do you believe UTG would normally call two cold here. If so, that gives SB another reason to call maybe even with any PP. we can probably be a little me conservative then that thou. So how does 77-JJ AJs-AQs AQo+ KQs sound?

jba
08-28-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're getting raised here like always in a pot this size, most likley in numerous places.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

krishanleong
08-28-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're getting called here like always in a pot this size, most likley in numerous places.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. That doesn't necessarily mean it's not a good bet.

Krishan

jba
08-28-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do we think SB's range is here? If he knows CO is a LAG, he could be a little loser then we normally assume because he may believe you're trying to isolate CO. Do you believe UTG would normally call two cold here. If so, that gives SB another reason to call maybe even with any PP. we can probably be a little me conservative then that thou. So how does 77-JJ AJs-AQs AQo+ KQs sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the AJs is doubtful, AQo I personally would fold but that might be weak?

krishanleong
08-28-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're getting raised here like always in a pot this size, most likley in numerous places.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't consider the read of the SB carefully enough. I like the hand as is. In general I don't 3-bet lags to take a free card on the flop but in this spot it seems warrented.

Krishan

sam h
08-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Bet the flop. You might have to fire another barrel on the turn, but getting the SB to fold ace high is important. I think I would call the turn with your line. I think you have six clean outs a lot of the time here against a medium pair from the SB and some garbage from the lag.

jason_t
08-28-2005, 03:55 PM
scrub says if you're going to check behind on that flop in a pot that large after 3-betting with KQo preflop, you should have folded preflop.

That said, I would have folded preflop unless I knew this was going to be HU.

krishanleong
08-28-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

scrub says if you're going to check behind on that flop in a pot that large after 3-betting with KQo preflop, you should have folded preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my thought as well. But the read on the TAG changes things.

Krishan

Entity
08-28-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In general I'm way ahead of the LAG and don't mind playing this 3-ways. 4-ways with a good player involved, however, I have to consider what range of hands the SB can have that he's going to fold and not checkraise on this flop, putting me in a really bad spot.

Rob

MarkD
08-28-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my thought as well. But the read on the TAG changes things.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I am betting this flop almost everytime in this spot but this time is different. SB has a pocket pair or something like AJs,AQs,AKs. He is not going to fold that flop and you will probably get yourself check raised if you bet - and you would like to see the turn so checking behind is good here. It seemed strange to me but this hand was played well.

Nietzsche
08-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Standard. A bet accomplishes nothing 99.9% of the time.

sthief09
08-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I think with AK or AQ you could call in the event that he's bluffing with diamonds and will give up, betting AQ since it appears best, and also because you probably have 6 outs. headsup with KQ probably the same thing. but the CO ruins everything. he probably has a decent A high

imported_leader
08-28-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the AJs is doubtful, AQo I personally would fold but that might be weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really depends on how LAG CO is. If SB thinks that you'd 3 bet A7s and such, then he won't fold AJs or KQs.

sthief09
08-28-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

getting a free card with the 3rd best hand against people who will not fold A high ever is a nice bonus