CO $1870 in chips
Hero $1810 in chips
SB $3855 in chips
BB $1710 in chips

UTG - Folds
UTG+1 Calls $50
MP Calls $50
CO - Calls $50
Hero - Calls $50 with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB - Calls $25
BB - Checks

FLOP [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
SB Checks
BB Checks
UTG+1 Checks
MP - Checks
CO - Checks
Hero- Checks

TURN [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
SB - Bets $100
BB- Calls $100
WTG+1 - Calls $100
MP - Folds
CO - Raises $100 to $500
Hero - Calls $500
SB - Calls $400
BB- Calls $400
UTG+1 - Calls $400

RIVER [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
SB - Bets $450
BB - All-In(Raise) $450 to $1160
UTG+1 - Calls $1160
CO - Folds
HERO - Folds
SB - Folds
<font color="black"> </font>

jdl22
08-28-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

TURN [3 ,5 ,4 ,6 ]
SB - Bets $100
BB- Calls $100
WTG+1 - Calls $100
MP - Folds
CO - Raises $100 to $500
Hero - Calls $500
SB - Calls $400
BB- Calls $400
UTG+1 - Calls $400

[/ QUOTE ]

push here.

MrG
08-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Does anyone bet this flop when it gets checked all around?

This is actually a friend's hand and my advice was:
Preflop limp from the button here is okay.
When the flop is checked all the way around make a 2/3 pot or pot-sized bet.

The turn action seems like all-in or fold but never a call. Calling that raise seems like the worst action.

Well, he didn't like my advice so he asked me to post it and get other's take on his play. Thanks, MrG

wookie
08-28-2005, 03:27 PM
definitely pot sized bet on the flop, at least.

look at all of the calls on the turn! all of these people think they have the winning hand? at lower buy-ins I maybe push - at the higher buyins I have to think I am facing an AxXs and I fold. - w

08-28-2005, 04:13 PM
hello,

I'm the friend/hero here. Looking back at the hand, I perhaps should have made a pot size bet when it was checked to me post flop. However, with so many limpers to see the flop, I was concerned a weak hand may have flopped a str8 and was secure enough to slowplay a str8. It was also early on in the sng and a pot sized bet would have perhaps committed me to another bet. In these low limit sngs people often check but will come over the top once a late position bet has been made. Not a check-raise...a semi-bluff raise or just an irrational defensive raise. Since I had nothing but a 4 flush to the Q on the flop, with the board as it was, the number in to see the flop, and the general nature of a low buy-in sng, I figured a pot size bet would only push out the very worst of hands. Any player with overcards or any kind of draw at this limit is likely to stay to at least see the turn. My hope was to catch the flush on the turn and punish from there or possibly see the river cheaply if need be. If I make the flush I'm only worried about A or K suited in the hole, which is somewhat unlikely. I also go into a situation like that thinking if I get beat by an A or K high flush...so be it. A raise on the flop doesn't drive those hands out anyway. I want to hit the Q hi flush and get paid by the str8's, low flushes, 2 pairs, top pair etc.. If I miss the flush I can get away from the hand without too much damage. In hindsight, I was gonna lose money on that hand no matter what...let me know what you think...thanks all