PDA

View Full Version : VPIP of trouble hands.

08-28-2005, 02:08 PM
My worst hands are QJs and QJo with a VPIP of 86% and 70%. What do those of you winning with these hands run? I also have similair numbers for KJ and am breaking even with those. Any tips on how to play these border line hands?

08-28-2005, 02:25 PM
In mid to late position, and depending what kind of players are at the table, I will raise just to see the flop. If I hit it with no obvious threat, bet again. If an A or K comes out with the QJ, I'm able to throw it away, and if babies come, throw it away. You figure that you're vulnerable to A-rag, K with a decent kicker, low-mid pairs, and suited connectors, which will most likely beat anything that hits if you completely miss.

DRKEVDC
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
I do not play those hands from early position unless the table NEVER pre flop raises. I just hate playing these hands to a raise behind me when I limp.

I agree with norfizzle in that I will raise in late position with these just to change gears a bit.

08-29-2005, 06:04 PM
A great player once told me their a few hands he will always play (even for a substantial raise). 1) any two broadway cards and 2) and two suited Ace + a wheel card.

The trick however... is always playing for two pair or better. Period!!! No exceptions!!!

The theory being that when you do flop broadway... a wheel... or top two pair... you are usually going to clean out anyone with AK or a non-nutted straight / flush draw.