PDA

View Full Version : Ed Miller, GSHM, small stack no limit, what if someone raises after fl

08-28-2005, 01:17 PM
In Getting Started... Miller has an interesting section on small stack no limit. He covers the different scenarios but doesn't talk about if after the flop, someone before you raises. Should you go all in all the time, or should you see whether or not you hit the flop? Should your decision be based on how much money you have left compared to the bet or the pot?

AKQJ10
08-28-2005, 02:46 PM
In short, no, yes, and yes respectively. You should take pot size and stack size into account, as well as the number of opponents and betting action before you.

Somewhere there are several old threads about this system. Here's one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2683066), and I'd like to link others at the wiki page (http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/NLHE) for NLHE as I find them. Ed appeared on one of these threads to say that he intentionally left this hole about flop play so that the reader could discover it for herself. I think it's a little dubious to leave a hole like this unaddressed -- IMO at least he should say "let the reader experiment" in his book so it doesn't look like an accidental omission -- but that's what he said the approach was.

08-29-2005, 01:50 AM
thanks

Ed Miller
08-29-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed appeared on one of these threads to say that he intentionally left this hole about flop play so that the reader could discover it for herself. I think it's a little dubious to leave a hole like this unaddressed -- IMO at least he should say "let the reader experiment" in his book so it doesn't look like an accidental omission -- but that's what he said the approach was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I should have stated the problem and then said I was leaving it up to the reader to figure it out. Also I could have pointed them to the pot odds section of the limit chapters to give them a head start in figuring it out.

Oh well... it's amazing the obvious things you don't think of when you are writing something.