PDA

View Full Version : Two pair drowned in the river at 3/6

gildwulf
08-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Button is solid TAG, probably 2+2.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 2612047629 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">The_Jopker</font> is SB with <font color="blue">6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> <font color="green">A/images/graemlins/club.gif</font> (6 Players)
2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="blue">The_Jopker</font> calls, BB checks,

Flop: (4.00 SB) <font color="blue">A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> <font color="black">6/images/graemlins/spade.gif</font> <font color="blue">J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> (4 Players)
<font color="blue">The_Jopker</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, BB calls, CO <font color="darkred">folds</font>, Button calls,

Turn: (3.50 BB) <font color="red">K/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">The_Jopker</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls,

River: (6.50 BB) <font color="red">Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">The_Jopker</font> checks, BB checks, Button <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">The_Jopker</font>...

What is your line on turn and river and why?

imported_CaseClosed326
08-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't think a solid tag would bet into two people with just top pair or something weak like that. I guess you can fold, but I am not really sure.

jba
08-28-2005, 02:01 PM
I fold preflop. small blind is $1 in 3/6, right?

if there is almost zero chance the flop checks through I go for a flop check/raise. If there is a decent chance it does, you must bet.

the turn is definitely a bet.

the river is very close between fold/call. I'm leaning towards call. I think the 4 to a straight and busted flush draw increases the chances that this is a bluff to enough that we can call. I really think it's close though.

gildwulf
08-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Preflop I'm getting 5-1 to call in an unraised pot...no good?

jba
08-28-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I'm getting 5-1 to call in an unraised pot...no good?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really not a question of pot odds. for example in a full ring game with 3 limpers to you, you are getting close to 5-1 - with the button, and I don't limp there either. you're going to hit a pair 1/3 times, but it's either a cheesy pair of fives or an ace with no kicker. and your position sucks.

I see what you're saying and I'm not saying I'm 100% correct on this, but I would fold here.

gildwulf
08-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Isn't it much more likely my ace is good if I flop an ace in an unraised pot?

jba
08-28-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it much more likely my ace is good if I flop an ace in an unraised pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course.

me454555
08-28-2005, 02:24 PM
If button is a solid tag, I'm most likely folding this pf. I don't look for excuses to play weak hands OOP against TAGs. If button and CO were 60/5 fish, I coudl be persuaded to complete

Bet the river and fold to a raise. There is no hand weaker than yours that will risk raising the river. You will get calls from hands like KQ, KJ, QJ, Ax. The way you played it, I think you gotta call the river just in case.

gildwulf
08-28-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If button is a solid tag, I'm most likely folding this pf. I don't look for excuses to play weak hands OOP against TAGs. If button and CO were 60/5 fish, I coudl be persuaded to complete

Bet the river and fold to a raise. There is no hand weaker than yours that will risk raising the river. You will get calls from hands like KQ, KJ, QJ, Ax. The way you played it, I think you gotta call the river just in case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this line...ok, so consensus is fold preflop, I'll limp less with Ace-rag in SB...thanks...

Poldi
08-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I fold preflop. A7o was the cutoff for me at 3/6.
Easy call on the river for me. I dont see a reason why they must have a ten.
I would think about bet-fold, not check-fold but I think check-call is best.

gildwulf
08-28-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop. A7o was the cutoff for me at 3/6.
Easy call on the river for me. I dont see a reason why they must have a ten.
I would think about bet-fold, not check-fold but I think check-call is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I ended up check-calling. I think SB is my biggest preflop leak right now (starting new thread)

Intent
08-28-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm not a 3/6 player, but if the villian is a TAG, I'm having a hard time putting him on a hand that beats you that he doesn't raise preflop.

An A with a kicker he would have raised, right? So I think you can eliminate AK, AQ, and AJ. T9 of diamonds could limp and find reason to call down, but would that have raised the flop? Perhaps JT, but would he have called the turn in that relatively small pot with that?

I'm a 1/2 players who wants to play 3/6, perhaps the better players of the board can correct my thinking here?

gildwulf
08-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Excellent logic and deductive reasoning, he had JT...

Intent
08-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Was his turn call correct getting 5.5 to 1?

jba
08-28-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was his turn call correct getting 5.5 to 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

villain has pretty much 6 outs, including implied odds vs 2 I think it's very marginal. the normal concern with a one card straight is that you'll often split the pot -- not too much to worry about in this hand as it's difficult for another T to have made it to the river.