PDA

View Full Version : All-in Strategy

binions
08-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Anyone else play an all-in strategy? Recently, I have been playing that way until the money.

The hands I go all in on depend on:

1. What is my position?
2. How many players are left?
3. What is the action in front of me?
4. What type of players and stacks are behind me?
5. What is the ratio of my stack to the blinds+antes?
6. What are my cards?

It seems rare that I ever bust out early. Nearly always find myself in final 6 where half will cash. As a result, it seems I cash nearly half the time.

The only nightmare scenario is when my stack to blinds ratio falls into the single digits and there are still 9 people left.

Anyone else play this style? I frankly never see it used at the site I play on.

Myst
08-28-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else play an all-in strategy? Recently, I have been playing that way until the money.

1. What is my position?
6. What are my cards?

It seems rare that I ever bust out early. Nearly always find myself in final 6 where half will cash. As a result, it seems I cash nearly half the time.

The only nightmare scenario is when my stack to blind ratio falls into the single digits and there are still 9 people left.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are the first one to have ever discovered such a strategy. You should patent it. No, better yet, keep it to yourself and make TONS of money with it.

Yeah, do that.

johnny005
08-28-2005, 01:09 PM
You from the stone age or something.... This is how everyone here plays.

08-28-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. What is my position?
6. What are my cards?

The only nightmare scenario is when my stack to blind ratio falls into the single digits and there are still 9 people left.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are the first one to have ever discovered such a strategy. You should patent it. No, better yet, keep it to yourself and make TONS of money with it.

Yeah, do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't there a guy online who sold an eBook with a similar strategy?

EDIT: eh.. he does mean that he'll go all-in in the early levels too right? Not the standard tight then push strategy. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif