PDA

View Full Version : Some bubble mistakes (?)

08-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Well, last 4 games I finished 4th, 4th, 1st, 4th.

I'm playing $33's at party, and the last game the blinds were 200/400. Four people left. I have 5 BB's in the SB, the two guys to my right have 3 BB's left, and to my left is the chipleader who has the rest.

The small stacks fold and I have A5o. I'm sure that if I push, he will only call with good hands (decent pairs, big aces, etc.) Do I push or do I wait for the smaller stacks to bust out? (Or hope for AA /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Also, in another one of those games, with blinds 150/300 I was in the SB and had 415 left after posting. Now the button raised to 700, which was more than 50% of his stack. In the big blind is the chipleader, with a massive stack and he's loose. Would it ever be good to fold and hope the raiser busts out before me? Because I'm probably an underdog anyway + the big stack will probably call... (The only reason I ask this, is because the raiser had JJ and the big stack had KK. Made me wonder. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Myst
08-28-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, last 4 games I finished 4th, 4th, 1st, 4th.

I'm playing $33's at party, and the last game the blinds were 200/400. Four people left. I have 5 BB's, the two guys to my right have 3 BB's left, and to my left is the chipleader who has the rest.

The small stacks fold and I have A5o. I'm sure that if I push, he will only call with good hands (decent pairs, big aces, etc.) Do I push or do I wait for the smaller stacks to bust out? (Or hope for AA /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Also, in another one of those games, with blinds 150/300 I was in the SB and had 415 left after posting. Now the button raised to 700, which was more than 50% of his stack. In the big blind is the chipleader, with a massive stack and he's loose. Would it ever be good to fold and hope the raiser busts out before me? Because I'm probably an underdog anyway + the big stack will probably call. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must maintain resonable agression at all cost. Maintaining FE is 1st priority.

08-28-2005, 01:04 PM
So it IS a good move to push w/ A5o in the SB when the BB is tight, right? It took the BB like a minute to call with AQ btw.

Myst
08-28-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So it IS a good move to push w/ A5o in the SB when the BB is tight, right? It took the BB like a minute to call with AQ btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, it would be correct to push 32offsuit against a guy like that.

08-28-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, it would be correct to push 32offsuit against a guy like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that's what I needed to hear. /images/graemlins/wink.gif