08-28-2005, 11:18 AM
....and if button bumps to 900?

Myst
08-28-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fold.

And raise to 275. It keeps the pot smaller, and consequently, makes your c-bets smaller.

Pot control is very important late game, as you wanna keep, at the very least, on par with the shortest stack.

And if you dare fold this without raising this preflop, Im going to call you a weak-tight girl from now. Folding is inexcusable.

Manimal 42
08-28-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's TAG or reasonably so, fold like a litte girl.

If the blinds fold, .......80% fold, 10% push and 10%

At the end of a long session I might resort to name calling. j/k!

08-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks, Myst. This is all easy and fundamental stuff I know really well but I'm in the middle of a pretty huge downswing and doubting myself now at every turn.

Karak567
08-28-2005, 11:52 AM
I disagree. Raising to t275 shows weakness 90 % of the time (and strength the other 10 %) and is a very easy "tell" to pick up on.

Raising to less than 3xBB here is bad, IMO. Especially if you get a couple callers next thing you know the pot odds are irresistable to the BB.

The extra t25 chips aren't going to mean that much in your tournament standing however the psychological difference is monumental.

citanul
08-28-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Myst. This is all easy and fundamental stuff I know really well but I'm in the middle of a pretty huge downswing and doubting myself now at every turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

take a couple days off. during those couple days, don't play poker, think about poker, review games, or read this message board.

i'm going to start spamming this message in every such thread.

citanul

08-28-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

take a couple days off. during those couple days, don't play poker, think about poker, review games, or read this message board.

i'm going to start spamming this message in every such thread.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'll be back on Tuesday. Thanks, man.

citanul
08-28-2005, 12:10 PM
ciao.

citanul

Uppercut
08-28-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: uclabruinz ( $2315 )
Seat 3: stegosaurus0 ( $2900 )
Seat 4: bonobo200 ( $1825 )
Seat 6: hellofarush ( $960 )
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to uclabruinz [ Qh Ks ]
uclabruinz?????

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a very similar situation in a SnG I just finished. I also receives KQo UTG with four players left. I was third in chips (and the two chip leaders were the blinds.) I believe the blinds were 75/150, but I was playing on Pokerstars, so we all had higher chip stacks. Anyway, I know exactly why you would hesitate with this hand. I raised to T400 and was prepared to fold to a reraise from either of the two bigger stacks (but NOT from the short stack, who I had covered by about 1000 chips). To my great relief, everyone folded. I think it helped that I have a pretty tight image at the table.

pearljam
08-28-2005, 12:38 PM
If shorty pushes what do we do?

citanul
08-28-2005, 01:03 PM
that's the easy call.

it's also part of the reason i like raising to like 400 here instead of 300. it makes it less likely that a big stack just makes a raise to make a play and it makes your call (even) more correct against the short stack.

citanul

Karak567
08-28-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's the easy call.

it's also part of the reason i like raising to like 400 here instead of 300. it makes it less likely that a big stack just makes a raise to make a play and it makes your call (even) more correct against the short stack.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan? Is that you?

:-P jk citanul

Sciolist
08-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Very good advice, and something I worked out for myself after my first serious downswing. I went down to the local supermarket, saw people packing the bags, and said to myself "do you REALLY want to end up doing that?"

Probably I should have been thinking "OK, maybe I should be thinking of applying my brain somewhere useful and having a proper career", or perhaps "What was I doing thinking cards for a living was a good idea?"

(This was a few years ago, and I have a proper job now)

Anyway, I just stopped playing for a couple of days, and ended up a lot better afterwards. I tend to read books during downswings now (sometimes poker), I always pick something up that I didn't REALLY understand the last time round...

citanul
08-28-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dan? Is that you?

:-P jk citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm slightly retarded I suppose, as I didn't get that you were making a joke about the harrington line I almost perfectly cribbed. My name, after all, is Dan. And I spent a lot of time in Lancaster in my youth.

citanul <- tired.