PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the river with trips

KSakuraba
08-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Ive been pretty much running the table over with a hot run of cards and shown only premium hands (AA twice, KK twice, AKs for a nut flush, etc,etc) during my one hour perioid at the table. Not once have i been caught bluffing, even though i have bought a few pots with total air. Villain in this one is pretty weak-tigh for what ive seen, has given up many pots when faced resistance after his preflop-raise, so i thought this would be a good place to take the pot if any danger showed on the board. But the river had other things in mind.

Texas Hold'em No Limit EUR 2.00/4.00
5-handed

Players involved:
Villain (EUR 569.00 in seat 1)
Sakuraba (EUR 932.88 in seat 3)

Sakuraba (BB) was dealt: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif - Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
2 folds
Villain(button) Raise (12.50)
SB Fold
Sakuraba Call (8.50)

Flop K/images/graemlins/spade.gif - 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif - 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (Pot 27€)
(at this point my plan was to represent a spade-draw and bet turn hard if hit...or if i improve)

Sakuraba Check
Villain Bet (20,00)
Sakuraba Call (20,00)

Turn K/images/graemlins/spade.gif - 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif - 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif - 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (Pot 67€)
(Thought a bit about check-folding here but decided to stick with the plan A with so many draws on the board, pretty much put villain on Kx or PP at this point)

Sakuraba Check
BigMonkey Bet (46,00)
Sakuraba Call (46,00)

River K/images/graemlins/spade.gif - 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif - 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif - 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif - 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (Pot 159€)
Sakuraba Check
BigMonkey Bet (100,00)
Sakuraba pushes... (villain has ~350 left)

I though a while to just calling here but am i not missing value from AK, AA or some weird two pair? Should i raise smaller to just value bet? I thought this kind of overbet would scream BLUFF so Kx could call even more easily this than some miniraise. Am i way off here?
Any comments on any streets greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Sakuraba

Lucky
08-28-2005, 02:19 PM
I raise smaller on river. I think you're all in will scare off AA, AK, etc.

Also, I'm sure you've heard this before, the rake in the EUR games is OUTRAGEOUS. I know you probably think the players and game make it worth it, but i can't imagine its so.
Just play dollar game equivalent to 2/4 EUR and pay half the rake.