PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this wrong?

testaaja
08-28-2005, 10:23 AM
6max 6-handed. I'm on button with QJ.
1 posts blind, he just entered the table.
So it goes call call check, I raise. Everyone call.
To the flop we go: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif
It is checked to me, I bet (was this wrong? Should I have waited for the turn? I thought that I didn't want to give a free card since there was a 2 flush out. Well my opponents did not do mistake when calling, so I dunno if it was correct) everyone call.
Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets BB raises, 3folds, I call, SB raises and BB caps, I call. (I thought THERE might be AT out, but these players tend to cap with K there so.. I also thought that the pot is too big to lay this one down since I got a decent hand ADVICES appreciated /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

River: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, BB and I call. Final pot 23,4BB.

So did I fuxor up? I'm really new to 6max. I've been playing full ring for some time, but I didn't like it. Now I really want to learn to play good poker, wich I don't know yet ! I'm willing to put in hours and learn things. Since now I've not really been on "learning" mode when playing. Now I see when I make some mistakes, but well I think I need to post those hands here to get some advices HOW I was supposed to play them. I'm looking forward on improving my game!
Thanks!

RunDownHouse
08-28-2005, 10:34 AM
What limit was this?

Checking behind on the turn would be horrible. You want to charge any draws that are out there as well as bet with your 2pair to cover all the times you bet with A-high.

I'd 3bet the turn unless I had a read that one of these guys was really passive. Folding would be my last option.

Tropex
08-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Seems quite okay line - also calling down the river is the correct way to do. And the flop bet looks okay since everyone just checked - you probably can't screw up odds for any decent draw anyway so it's better to build up the pot and not give them infinite odds to draw, no ?

testaaja
08-28-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What limit was this?

Checking behind on the turn would be horrible. You want to charge any draws that are out there as well as bet with your 2pair to cover all the times you bet with A-high.

I'd 3bet the turn unless I had a read that one of these guys was really passive. Folding would be my last option.

[/ QUOTE ]
The limit was $0.25/$0.5

[ QUOTE ]
Seems quite okay line - also calling down the river is the correct way to do. And the flop bet looks okay since everyone just checked - you probably can't screw up odds for any decent draw anyway so it's better to build up the pot and not give them infinite odds to draw, no ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think so