PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 KK vs a full field - what's your standard line here?

08-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Full game at Party.

Hero (2400, UTG+2) limps with K/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
MP (almost 5 grand) raises to 90.
SB (1800) and BB (2500) call.
Hero pots it to 450.
MP folds, SB calls, BB reraises to 1900 or so, Hero?

flawless_victory
08-28-2005, 06:47 AM
i hate the reraise the first time...
very easy fold at this point... obviously he has aces.

08-28-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's what I was thinking - I was wishing I hadn't done that. At the time, I mistook the blinds for late position (multitabling) and figured they would have reraised with aces, so I only worried about the initial raiser. The big reraise from the BB came as a surprise to me.

But, it's an easy fold either way..? What if I had like KKQJ?

flawless_victory
08-28-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's what I was thinking - I was wishing I hadn't done that. At the time, I mistook the blinds for late position (multitabling) and figured they would have reraised with aces, so I only worried about the initial raiser. The big reraise from the BB came as a surprise to me.
But, it's an easy fold either way..? What if I had like KKQJ?

[/ QUOTE ]w/ KKQJ it might be an ok gamble if you had suits... at least one id think. youre getting like 3350:2000 here, so i supposed youd have to gamble in that case.
FWIW even if you know neither of the blinds would flat call with AA pre i still like calling 90 and seeing a flop. your hand is just not that good, and you are right in the middle of everyone with plenty of $$ postflop... ugly situation.

Acesover8s
08-28-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
very easy fold at this point... obviously he has aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not THAT easy of a fold. In fact if all stacks were a bit shorter you've got an easy call. AA vs KK in omaha is not equivilant to AA vs KK in holdem.

Having said that, I hate the reraise. Take a [censored] flop, with good relative position to the PFR.

beset7
08-28-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Its not THAT easy of a fold. In fact if all stacks were a bit shorter you've got an easy call. AA vs KK in omaha is not equivilant to AA vs KK in holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything said so far and my initial reaction to the hand was the same as flawless and aces for the most part.

However, my second thought was, are we falling into the same type of thinking we often talk about taking advantage of in weak/tight players (reraise preflop = AAxx)? Shouldn't we at least consider the reads on the player and putting him on a hand range based on his play of previous hands that might include more then AAxx? Just a thought I had (after I thought eewwww bad reraise that guy definitely has AAxx).