PDA

View Full Version : Has HoytCorkins5 been running bad?

barycentric
08-28-2005, 06:13 AM
Uh somehow HoytCorkins5 convinced me to lent him $350 cuz he lost 5k today after cashing out 12k supposedly. I also forgot to give him my account info. I hope I'll be able to get my money back at some point, and I'll be more careful lending money to strangers in the future.

PS I found out that he's not Hoyt Corkins.

Myst
08-28-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh somehow HoytCorkins5 convinced me to lent him $350 cuz he lost 5k today after cashing out 12k supposedly. I also forgot to give him my account info. I hope I'll be able to get my money back at some point, and I'll be more careful lending money to strangers in the future.

PS I found out that he's not Hoyt Corkins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, you should know better than that, but you probably already knew that.

curtains
08-28-2005, 06:16 AM
Im sure the OP is joking. Im also sure this HoytCorkins had a zero instead of the letter O in his name or something like that.

Newt_Buggs
08-28-2005, 06:28 AM
that guy was really annoying at the table today

I really hope that the OP is joking

ghostface
08-28-2005, 06:53 AM
OMFG I just spooged in my pants looking at your avatar. She is so [censored] hot.

Shes my wallpaper, you know that nice one with the two poses next to the old door..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AbelM
08-28-2005, 09:22 AM
But it's not funny at all?!

He's running great btw.

citanul
08-28-2005, 10:13 AM
there's a bunch (or possibly just one) of scammers who pose as "celebrity" players, and use basically the same "line":

him: Hey "name" how's it going?

you: ok, you?

him: not so good man, running real bad lately, down like 6k on the day

you: oh that sucks, sorry to hear it

him: yeah, so i was wondering if you could loan me $x, *i know i'm filthy stinking rich and all but for some incredibly strange reason i can't deposit money to my own account right now and for some even weirder reason i need to play right now and need some piddling amount of money, like $250

here's where the conversation takes different twists

option 1:
you: look douchebag, i know that you're not hoytcorkins5, he has a "t" in his screen name, and he's playing 4 other tables right now, and doing just fine, etc, etc.

option 2:
you: oh man, i'm feeling really sorry for your plight, please take my money, because i'm gullible.

option 3: (this one is gaining popularity)
you: i dunno man, i don't loan money and i don't think you should try borrowing it, that's how you wind up stabbing a friend and eating your own poop.

------

the funniest i saw (since this guy just rotates through the tables) were:

1) this guy came to a table where hoytcorkins5 had just busted, and tried to scam the remaining players, so it showed up looking like

"hoytcorkins5 finished in 4th place"
"hoycorkins5: "hey *my screen name* how's it going"

2) this guy shows up, asks me for money, i refute him, pointing out his lame screen name, and he just asks another player at the table. the other player at the table speaks no english.

citanul

Newt_Buggs
08-28-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

option 3: (this one is gaining popularity)
you: i dunno man, i don't loan money and i don't think you should try borrowing it, that's how you wind up stabbing a friend and eating your own poop.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats a good one, i'll have to remember to use it

jon462
08-28-2005, 06:27 PM
I think this would piss the hell out of me if I was the real HoytCorkins5... couldnt he email PP\empire and get that persons account deleted? assuming someone he hit up was nice enough to provide the proof..

citanul
08-28-2005, 09:54 PM
you'd think. i doubt the real guy give's a [censored], i mean, he's not scamming people, and clearly never has to deal with this guy. or at least his hoycorkins5 identity.

you see lots of paople doing this with a variety of names, basically anyone who's on top of the leaderboard has this exact same scam artist pretend to be them.

citanul

TheNoodleMan
08-28-2005, 10:24 PM
you can only do so much to save a sucker from himself.

ChrisV
08-29-2005, 12:20 AM
lol. I hope you're not serious. I think it was probably HoytCorkins4. This edited conversation transcript is from yesterday. I've changed my real account name to ChrisV.

HoytCorkins4: down 5k today
hoopsterky32: oh man
HoytCorkins4: yeah
HoytCorkins4: happens
hoopsterky32: later
HoytCorkins4: what can you do
hoopsterky32: yeah i know
HoytCorkins4: how are you?
hoopsterky32: i'm down like 2500 over the last 3 weeks
HoytCorkins4: dam
hoopsterky32: but it was alot worse until tonight
HoytCorkins4: sorry to here that
hoopsterky32: nah you know how it goes
hoopsterky32: i'm sorry to hear about your day
HoytCorkins4: yeah
HoytCorkins4: same to you man
ChrisV: not me im glad you're both down
ChrisV: how else am i supposed to win
HoytCorkins4: fu
HoytCorkins4: somthing wrong with this guy
HoytCorkins4: well hoop
HoytCorkins4: can you do me a favor
ChrisV: about to ask for money hoyt?
HoytCorkins4: need 350 yeah bro
HoytCorkins4: need a loan for 350 if he can
ChrisV: i think i can help you out there
ChrisV: oh wait
ChrisV: i mean no chance
HoytCorkins4: im not talking to you
HoytCorkins4: even if you wanted to help me
HoytCorkins4: i wouldnt take it
ChrisV: lol
ChrisV: thats a total lie
ChrisV: you sure would

Edit: By the way, I could tell from the second he joined the table that he was going to ask for money, as his first line was "ChrisV, wats up" when I was chip leader, which is a dead giveaway. After I ignored him and came second, he switched his attack to the winner.

Edit #2: Does anyone else think the amount requested ($350) is a fairly brazen reference to South Park 3x03 - The Succubus? I need about tree fiddy! (Click it here (http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/spmp3s.cgi?Episode_303_The_Succubus=303_treefity.m p3) if you don't know what I'm talking about)

citanul
08-29-2005, 12:41 AM
while this guy usually immediately goes for the guy who's in first, he, and the other scammers, if there are any, sometimes like to mix it up by saying going for the guy in second, and then basically going with the same garbage.

usually my first response to these guys when they show up and say "hey x" is "go away, no one here is going to give some stupid scammer any money." i find that results have been 100% that they don't say another word.

citanul

Daliman
08-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah, a couple of weeks ago someone was using nutzrealb1g or something, and just coming to the table and throwing out a "hey man", and seeing who bit, then trying to AIM with them,(I think it was the guy Jman busted), anyways, I always say something to the effect of, "He's gonna ask for $$", and that usually shuts them up pretty quick.

Apathy
08-29-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
while this guy usually immediately goes for the guy who's in first, he, and the other scammers, if there are any, sometimes like to mix it up by saying going for the guy in second, and then basically going with the same garbage.

usually my first response to these guys when they show up and say "hey x" is "go away, no one here is going to give some stupid scammer any money." i find that results have been 100% that they don't say another word.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but your humor results are very low.

citanul
08-29-2005, 12:48 AM
psha, we all know i have no sense of humor.

citanul

newhizzle
08-29-2005, 01:10 AM
you got scammed, i got scammed once by idahaddatp0t, not idahaddatpot, contact party, i got my money back and got idahaddatp0t shut down, you wont get your money from hoyt

newhizzle
08-29-2005, 01:12 AM
was his phone number 248-890-9023?

newhizzle
08-29-2005, 01:18 AM
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=2974852&Forum= ,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=4&Limit=25& Main=2974783&Search=true&where=&Name=22481&dateran ge=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&body prev=#Post2974852)

ChrisV
08-29-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I generally answer "ChrisV wats up" with "no, you can't have any money, piss off". When this Hoyt guy started on me I was in the middle of eating and couldn't be bothered typing anything.

I have to admit that I fell for one part of the scam... I'd busted a guy with a similar nick in an earlier tourney (probably HoytCorkins5) and I thought this guy was the same guy. Not that that makes me any more likely to transfer him money.

DCJ311
08-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah also this guy with the name of 'curtainz' was hassling me the other day, trying to get me to lend him some money. If you see this joker at the tables be careful!

Newt_Buggs
08-29-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah also this guy with the name of 'curtainz' was hassling me the other day, trying to get me to lend him some money. If you see this joker at the tables be careful!

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

tigerite
09-05-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, a couple of weeks ago someone was using nutzrealb1g or something, and just coming to the table and throwing out a "hey man", and seeing who bit, then trying to AIM with them,(I think it was the guy Jman busted), anyways, I always say something to the effect of, "He's gonna ask for $$", and that usually shuts them up pretty quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was on a $33 table yesterday - absolutely clueless.