PDA

View Full Version : am i suck at holdem? 20-40 hand

mostsmooth
08-28-2005, 05:08 AM
im cutoff with A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif
all fold to me
the button folds out of turn in front of me
the last couple times i raised in this spot, the button and blinds folded, so this time i limp
sb, and bb are in
flop is K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifx /images/graemlins/spade.gif
sb check, bbcheck, i bet, sb checkraise, bb fold, i call
turn is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
sb bets, i raise, sb calls
river is K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
check check
sb seemed to be smarter than the average bear, but i hadnt recalled seeing too many of sb's hands
on a side note, when talking to sb later, sb swears up and down to have check raised while im quite sure sb bet out on the flop, bb folded and i called
anyway, do i suck?

Jeffage
08-28-2005, 09:01 AM
I bet the end. I think many people would just bet out with a king here b/c they'd be afraid you'd check behind. When he checks, I put him on a Queen or a busted straight draw. I bet for value...if checkraised and he's sane...fold.

Jeff

mostsmooth
08-28-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the end. I think many people would just bet out with a king here b/c they'd be afraid you'd check behind. When he checks, I put him on a Queen or a busted straight draw. I bet for value...if checkraised and he's sane...fold.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt bet the end because i didnt think there was a hand sb could call with that i could beat. because of my turn raise(flush card), i could see sb check calling with a K or a small flush.
i was just curious if there were any awful decisions made by me because i was accused of playing the hand "horribly"( im not looking for a pat on the back or anything, just a reality/sanity check)

DrGutshot
08-28-2005, 10:23 AM
raise preflop for crying out loud. if anything, your point about the blinds having folded last time you raised here is reason to raise again because they will be frustrated with you and more likely to play back.

-DrG

ggbman
08-28-2005, 11:13 AM
I can't see not betting the river with the second nuts the way the action went here.

DcifrThs
08-28-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see not betting the river with the second nuts the way the action went here.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's got the millionth nut hand with AAKKQ.

-Barron

ggbman
08-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Lol, i read that X's as the King of spades, which is pretty funny since the Ks was the first card that flopped. I'm going to stop posting right after i wake up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

08-28-2005, 12:23 PM
You played the hand fine on every street. Whether or not you raise preflop in this spot will not matter in the long run, although i will raise preflop in this situation 95% of the time. Also using the flop checkraise to set up the turn raise is also a fine play. And the river, your reasoning is right that he could easily have the king, since him calling your turn raise on the flush card shows alot of strength, And if he doesnt have the king he is very likely to be drawing and missed, so your river bet will not be called by a lesser hand enough to be profitable anyways in my opinion.
-wes

flawless_victory
08-28-2005, 12:28 PM
preflop play is kinda dumb
postflop you played it good... id check down the river against most in a live 20/40.

Lawrence Ng
08-28-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

anyway, do i suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the river if you are going to fold to a check-raise.

Lawrence

steveyz
08-28-2005, 03:54 PM
postflop play is fine. But I would still advocate raising this pre-flop. If you are never getting called, you should probably examine why (perhaps you don't steal the blinds enough?).

siegfriedandroy
08-28-2005, 07:20 PM
so what was the sb bi*ching about?

TStoneMBD
08-28-2005, 07:29 PM
a nice trick when the button folds out of the turn and you have AA is to push your cards towards folding a little bit as a subtle gesture until you realize that the button mucked out of turn. then you look to your left and pause for a second and decide to raise instead.

08-28-2005, 10:48 PM
am you suck at grammar

Lawrence Ng
08-29-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
am you suck at grammar

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for contributing absolutely dicksquat to the post you kumquat. Go troll with your gimmick account in the WPT section.

Lawrence