PDA

View Full Version : An AA hand: WA/WB?

thejameser
08-28-2005, 01:37 AM
6/12 live action. SB decent, MP players decent except MP3 a player in this hand and button a pfr cold caller.

Hero in CO with two red aces.

3 limpers Hero raises, button calls, blinds call, limpers call.

Floppin for 14 Sb:

K /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to hero who bets, 4 calls.

Turnin' for 9BB:

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checks around. sh*t.

Riverin' for still 9BB:

10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to Hero who value bets, 3 calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Well, I missed my turn C/R as button was fairly aggressive bluffer(a displaced NL player) so I thought he would autobet like he did a million times before. Besides that, pretty standard. A scary board, but I met no resistance.

Harv72b
08-28-2005, 02:39 AM
There's a bazillion potential draws out there that can beat your overpair. This is a very bad time to try and get tricky on the turn; just bet it.

08-28-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I missed my turn C/R as button was fairly aggressive bluffer(a displaced NL player) so I thought he would autobet like he did a million times before. Besides that, pretty standard. A scary board, but I met no resistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet this turn, too. Someone may be slowplaying a T. What if the button bets and one of the other players check-raises?

If the button is known for his aggressiveness, one of the other players could check-raise the button having a K or T. Then you're in a tough situation. Your aces might be good or you might be drawing to 2 outs; but now you're faced with the decision of calling 2 bets cold. They all called the flop with something.

B Dids
08-28-2005, 03:38 AM
This turn is 100% goofy. Bet Bet Bet, especially in a live 6/12 game.

08-28-2005, 04:13 AM
Unless the button was a maniac, I can't imagine why he would bluff the turn. There are still FIVE people in the pot, the turn card was not a scare card, and with all these people in the pot, surely at least one of them has a flush draw, a straight draw, a pair, or trips, none of which will fold. Definitely bet the turn.