PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 pair all in

GoCubsGo
08-28-2005, 01:16 AM
No reads on villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($86.90)
Button ($19.50)
SB ($5)
BB ($76.95)
UTG ($4.20)
UTG+1 ($45.95)
Hero ($50)
MP2 ($19.50)
MP3 ($12.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.25) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, CO calls $2, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($6.25) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $84.4</font>, Hero calls $2.50 (All-In).

River: ($138.15) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $138.15

Looks like AK, two pair, or a set to me. Good time to get my money in or chip spewing? What do you make of his big raise on the turn? Usually they minraise with the nuts or huge hands, this looks like a bet he doesn't want me to call.

wdeadwyler
08-28-2005, 01:36 AM
Im guessing he has 56s or j10s, or a set, and you got stacked. He giant raises your psb on the turn, then you reraise, and he pushes. I think you are spewing chips. The turn is really tough cuz its a redonkulous bet. I think he thinks you have a monster and he thinks his monster is better.

NYCNative
08-28-2005, 07:35 AM
I would fold pre-flop with a weak unsuited ace in middle position unles you wanted to try and make a move with a raise. Since you didn't do that you could be against anything here.

If I had to make a decision on the flop, I would do something a little different - I would try and CR the flop. My reasoning is that a pot-sized bet here won't scare off any draws on this draw-heavy board so if a scare card comes down (and that would be any club or card that completes the straight) you're either married to a probably doomed hand hoping for outs or you're folding. If nobody bets and the free card comes if it's a scare card you actually saved yourself money because it's much easier to get away from this; if it's not you can bet to protect there knowing you're on safer ground. This is a little weak-tight I am aware but I think it's the safest route.

mrh86
08-28-2005, 10:28 AM
I'd play A-9 about 75% of the time from middle position or later in Pokerstars' 50s unless one of the weak-tight crew raised in EP. The game is just too loose not to.

Malachii
08-28-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd play A-9 about 75% of the time from middle position or later in Pokerstars' 50s unless one of the weak-tight crew raised in EP. The game is just too loose not to.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Malachii
08-28-2005, 03:43 PM
First of all, fold this preflop. A9o is a fish hand unless you're open raising with it from the cutoff or button. It's certainly not a hand to limp in with from middle position.

Secondly, this hand is really tough to play with no reads. I really reccomend that you invest in Pokertracker and get either Gametime+ or Pokerace HUD. This guy could be a total maniac, in which case I beat him in the pot, or he could be a total nut peddler, in which case I fold to the turn raise.

His line looks very much like a slowplayed monster, but since you don't have a read, I stick it all in on the turn and hope that he has a smaller two pair.

stu-unger
08-28-2005, 03:44 PM
i definitely fold or open Axos and lean toward folding 110%. i lead this flop or as someone suggested c/r this flop if u know it wont get checked around. once he rr's the turn i think i get nervous and either fold or call and c/c as it gets more chips out of hands we beat. i vote spewing.

Malachii
08-28-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had to make a decision on the flop, I would do something a little different - I would try and CR the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think Hero has to lead out with a potsized bet here 100% of the time. It's the best way to extract value from a naked ace, and you can't simply assume that someone will bet behind you. You don't want to risk giving free cards either.

IamLeach
08-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Fold pre-flop unless your stealing.

I like the lead on the flop, but as the other posters said a c/r is good here too. I would fold to the turn raise unless reads suggest otherwise.

NYCNative
08-28-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Hero has to lead out with a potsized bet here 100% of the time. It's the best way to extract value from a naked ace, and you can't simply assume that someone will bet behind you. You don't want to risk giving free cards either.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, like I said before:[ QUOTE ]
My reasoning is that a pot-sized bet here won't scare off any draws on this draw-heavy board so if a scare card comes down (and that would be any club or card that completes the straight) you're either married to a probably doomed hand hoping for outs or you're folding. If nobody bets and the free card comes if it's a scare card you actually saved yourself money because it's much easier to get away from this; if it's not you can bet to protect there knowing you're on safer ground.

[/ QUOTE ]If a pot-sized bet will get someone with any of the tasty draws to fold, I'm all for it. I just don't see that happening and I see too many scare cards that make further aggression to be donating.

Now, if you want to try an OVERBET, we can discuss that...

Malachii
08-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Well, considering that if they call a potsized bet they're making a mistake according to the Sklansky's fundamental theorem of poker, I really don't care if they call or not. If a scare card comes, Hero is just going to have to use his hand reading ability to decide if he needs to give up the hand or not. I think you're giving his opponents too much credit as well... players at this level typically aren't going to represent a flush if they're on a straight draw, for example.

NYCNative
08-28-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, considering that if they call a potsized bet they're making a mistake according to the Sklansky's fundamental theorem of poker, I really don't care if they call or not.

[/ QUOTE ]If one person calls, he made a mistake. If one person calls, everyone else after him will not be making a mistake to call. So all it takes is one person who didn't read Sklansky to mess things up for you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif