PDA

View Full Version : Need help greatly. Can you see leaks in my PT stats?

08-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone. I am usually a SNG player (and a profitable one at that) on Party Poker, although I do have experience with $1/2, $1/2 six max, and $2/4 full ring. Recently, I swtiched over to Empire for an affiliate and tried yet again to beat $1/2 6 max. I believe I am a winning player at limit poker; my PT stats show I am about 1.17 BB/100 at 2/4 over a relatively small sample size. I do very well in the Full Tilt heads up matches. I just can't get this low limit six max down pat on the Party skins. Now, I only have 1,831 hands in PT (for the last two days) but I am down $210.79. I can attest some has been to bad cards and tilt, but -105 BB in 1,831 hands against the fishiest players on the planet is just atrocious, and there is no excuse for it.

Anyway, I would like to post my PT stats over these hands and hopefully get some feedback from you experienced players who can beat short-handed low limits without a problem. I don't know how to copy the information into this thread, so I will write out what I think are the most important stats by hand:

($1/2 Limit, 6 max)
Total Hands: 1831

Vol. Put $ in Pot: 20.7%
Vol. Put $ in from SB: 26.99%

Saw Flop All Hands: 31.35%
Saw Flop not a Blind: 18.38%

Folded SB to a Steal: 84.85%
Folded BB to a Steal: 55.56%
Fold BB to Steal HU: 57.69%

Att. to Steal Blinds: 23.95%

Steal Success: No Flop- 13.51%, Fold- 31.08%, Ww/oSD- 33.78%, W$SD- 52%

Won $ When Saw Flop: 33.45%
Amount Won: -$210.79

Win Rate per 100 Hands: -$11.51
Big Bets Won Per 100 Hands: -$5.76

Went to Showdown: 30.31%
Won $ at SD: 49.43%

Raised Pre-flop: 12.29%
Limp/Call Reraise PF: .05%

Aggression Factor: Flop- 3.21, Turn- 3.5, River- 2.02, Total- 2.99

When Folds Hand: No Fold- 16.6%, Pre-flop- 67.34%, Flop- 9.83%, Turn- 4.31%, River- 1.91%

Check Raises: 40 Times, 2.68% of Possible actions, Flop- 70%, Turn- 25%, River- 5%

I know there is no quick fix, but I really want to show a profit in my limit play and I figure I can start by fixing obvious leaks that show up in PT. If anyone could point out some of these leaks, it would be a good start.

ArturiusX
08-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I think you're a little agro on the flop/turn. Remember, its ok to call too.

08-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Do you think my VP$P is a little low for 6-max? At full ring, I am around 15.5%, which from what I read on these forums is VERY tight preflop. Keep the replies coming...

AL5AcE
08-27-2005, 10:12 PM
VPIP 20% is too tight for 6max. There are a lot more profitable situations than you may think. 15% is pretty tight for full ring, I'd say the tightest optimal vpip in 2/4 might be 16%+. I think you're not being straightforward enough or putting too much money while behind and folding too many hands which may be +EV (your flop aggression is lower than turn aggression and both are pretty high) and a bit too aggressive on flop/turn.

Just stick around this forum and Heads Up Shorthanded and after playing a lot more hands and reading, you'll get a good idea what to play eventually.

08-27-2005, 10:18 PM
you are playing too tight and are not playing against or in the blinds nearly enough. you dotn realize how much thesde blinds cost you. you must steal around 35-40% of the time and fold bb to a steal around 45-50%

vpip needs to be upper 20's (28 is ideal)

wwsf needs to be 38 or abovr (40 is ideal)
you are not firing at enough pots with marginal hands

wtsd needs to be above 35 (show down with ace high more and 2nd pair especially against lags)

check out this link for a good starting hands chart
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=666420&page=&v iew=&sb=5&o=&fpart=

also read kings blog at
http://weighingtheodds.blogspot.com/

08-27-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are playing too tight and are not playing against or in the blinds nearly enough. you dotn realize how much thesde blinds cost you. you must steal around 35-40% of the time and fold bb to a steal around 45-50%

vpip needs to be upper 20's (28 is ideal)

wwsf needs to be 38 or abovr (40 is ideal)
you are not firing at enough pots with marginal hands

wtsd needs to be above 35 (show down with ace high more and 2nd pair especially against lags)

check out this link for a good starting hands chart
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=666420&page=&v iew=&sb=5&o=&fpart=

also read kings blog at
http://weighingtheodds.blogspot.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much. Very clear and concise advice that even I could understand. Those links look to be of great help and I will surely thoroughly read them.

I find it surprising, however, that I am not betting enough with marginal hands since my AF is so high compared to what seems to work around here. I guess it has something to do with my tight preflop selection, thus inflating my AF. Anywho, the way you described things makes me realize I need to put more effort into both broadening my PF hand selection and giving LESS credit to other player's holdings.

MyTurn2Raise
08-27-2005, 11:44 PM
IMO, Aggression on river is a bit low. Value bet, value bet, value bet. Remember, it's donkeys on this level.

08-27-2005, 11:59 PM
well look at how much you are losing from the bb (very very important ! ) if its more than (.20) then you have some work to do in researching hwo to defend bb

also when you check it does nto lower your AF, calling does but checking doesnt. so you are probably checking too many flops where you should be firing.

08-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Ah, I see. So AF doesn't full describe a person's aggression. I always wondered why my rating was so high when I know I am not THAT aggressive a player and know that many of the players on this forum who would be considered more aggressive have a lower overall AF.

Anyway, I just played a very very short session of 25 mins and 80 or so hands. I made two big changes this time. One, I only played two tables at a time, instead of my usual four. I am going to continue to do this so I can get better reads and more easily find out who is Agg and who is a passive calling station at least until I get back to even on my PT stats. Two, I made a concious effort to make more steal attempts and give other players less credit. The fact that I also was on a major rush combined with two of the weakest/passive tables I've played at in awhile, led me to a approximately $93 session. Sure, hitting every other flop helps, but I know I wouldn't have made as much if I stuck to my old weaker style. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come as long as I can keep a cool head (I get tilty fairly easily) and continue to put the effort to IMPROVE my poker play.

MyTurn2Raise
08-28-2005, 01:47 AM
One note about the tilty thing...aggression amplifies this effect. You've already spotted it, but be sure that your increased aggression remains for +ev purposes, not to blow off steam.