PDA

View Full Version : People seeking staking

citanul
08-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Alright, so this sort of stuff has been going around for as long as there's been gambling I suppose, but recently there's been 1) a lot of it 2) a "lot" of high profile posters doing it and 3) a lot of discussion of it.

Recently a poster messaged me asking if it was alright for him to post a thread seeking staking in the STT forum. I told him to hold off for more reasons than just that I would have to tear his proposal up for reasons basing on the fact that his proposal was a bad one. I think that we should have some discussion about this here, I guess.

Amongst problems people have voiced with these things is that basically what people are doing is soliciting business, and they are doing so without paying for advertizing. That's possibly a bit much, but possibly not. I think that the size, scope, and growth of this website means that there will always be people around who are naive, and willing to be fleeced, whether the fleecor intends it as fleecing or not. Clearly the second someone decides to gather a large enough sum of money from random people on this site and then split, it's very bad news.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to open up discussion, or since that regardless of discussion, this is basically Mat/Mason's department, not ours, I wanted to find out what the feeling is from him/them.

Personally I'm not sure my feelings exactly, but I'm sure I'll be able to flesh them out more than they are in the recent MTT thread recently if need be.

citanul

Dynasty
08-27-2005, 10:02 PM
This sounds like something which should require a personal ad.

Mat needs to weigh in.

citanul
08-27-2005, 11:51 PM
yeah, basically, i think this a Mat and his superiors need to make a ruling sort of scenario.

citanul

Jurollo
08-28-2005, 11:32 AM
I was someone who posted a thread for it in MTT. I definately don't want to encourage it but I can see how my post would. If it isn't allowed then so be it, however, I didn't see anything stating this and it seems that there is a vast minority that feel it is a problem in the frequency it currently exists.
~Justin

citanul
08-28-2005, 03:35 PM
i think the main questions that are at issue are:

1) the responsibility of 2+2 to attempt to keep its members from being scammed
2) the fact that people seeking stakes are basically soliciting business, and maybe they should have to buy advertizing
3) the hypothetical impact on 2+2 if any semi major scam does occur.

please note jurollo, this in no way means i have some sort of issue with you, just with the whole process in general. i've stated publicly i think that your proposed staking arrangement i believe is a bad business decision for all involved, but that really has nothing to do with this thread.

citanul

Mat Sklansky
08-29-2005, 12:34 AM
There's the key issue. We are not in the position to be sure people are not scammed. So from now on these posts will have to go.

Jurollo
08-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Ok. Thanks for the quick/decisive response Mat.

Jurollo
08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
i think the main questions that are at issue are:

1) the responsibility of 2+2 to attempt to keep its members from being scammed
2) the fact that people seeking stakes are basically soliciting business, and maybe they should have to buy advertizing
3) the hypothetical impact on 2+2 if any semi major scam does occur.

please note jurollo, this in no way means i have some sort of issue with you, just with the whole process in general. i've stated publicly i think that your proposed staking arrangement i believe is a bad business decision for all involved, but that really has nothing to do with this thread.

citanul

I don't take it personally at all, no worries, you were simply trying to warn people of a deal you thought was not in their best interests, nothing wrong with that. We agree to disagree.
~Justin

Lloyd
08-29-2005, 09:13 PM
So obviously we don't allow posts from people who are specifically raising funds for backing. But what about posts concerning backing agreements themselves, with no *direct* solicitation. Obviously, there is an implied offer. But at the same time if I were looking for backing and needed feedback on a deal I can't think of a better place to go but 2+2 forums.

Lloyd
08-30-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So obviously we don't allow posts from people who are specifically raising funds for backing. But what about posts concerning backing agreements themselves, with no *direct* solicitation. Obviously, there is an implied offer. But at the same time if I were looking for backing and needed feedback on a deal I can't think of a better place to go but 2+2 forums.

[/ QUOTE ]
Feedback on this? We did have someone yesterday post some questions about a backing agreement so I want to make sure that those types of posts are still cool. (no direct solicitation at all)

Mat Sklansky
08-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Use your judgement. Unlike affiliate/ rakeback threads which bring spammers out of the woodwork, talking about the concept of backing or talking about backing without actually soliciting, seems fine. If that results in one poster pming another an offer, again fine. We'll see where it leads.