PDA

View Full Version : I Want the Whole Pot Damn It

toss
08-27-2005, 08:23 PM
3/6 Full

Loose Calling Station calls in EP, folded to me on the button who raises with black 66, BB calls, the calling station calls.

Flop is 769 with 2 hearts. BB bets, Callingstation raises, I 3-bet, BB folds, Callingstation calls.

Turn is 5 of hearts. Callingstation checks, I bet.

River is 8 of hearts. Callingstation checks, I bet...

Pot is like 8.8 BB when I bet.

27offsooot
08-27-2005, 08:34 PM
sure, whatever.

sy_or_bust
08-27-2005, 09:38 PM
"loose calling station" folding any 2 on a 5-straight 4-flush board would be a shocker.

Grease
08-27-2005, 09:52 PM
If he's loose, he's rarely folding, and will probably call with a higher straight.

Despite that, I still bet and hope that he folds. If he c/r you can easily fold. I think this will work 15%ish of the time (maybe not, but I still try.)

einbert
08-27-2005, 09:56 PM
This bet cannot possibly accomplish anything productive. Just a waste.

toss
08-27-2005, 10:02 PM
I incorrectly thought he would fold without a flush enough times. He called with offsuit two pair and we split. Boooo

27offsooot
08-27-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sure, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

missed that this was four flush. It becomes more interesting then. I think u will get called and lose a lot more than u will get him to fold. There's some math behind this, but in general, i don't think it will work.

If this wasn't four flush, i think it is slightly +EV to bet b/c u're virtually never beat when he doesn't bet the river and he may be retarded and fold.

einbert
08-27-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
u're virtually never beat when he doesn't bet the river

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think he checks a lot of hands that we beat here some good percentage of the time, including a ten high straight with no flush.

27offsooot
08-27-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
u're virtually never beat when he doesn't bet the river

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think he checks a lot of hands that we beat here some good percentage of the time, including a ten high straight with no flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

i said if this wasn't four flush, if there is no flush possible, i think he will always be betting a ten high straight here.