PDA

View Full Version : Fighting with family members on your Birthday

08-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Today is my birthday but instead of enjoying a nice dinner with my family, I'm at home because we got in a fight. My mother and I went to pick up my brother. I go to knock on his door and there like all the junk outside his door which is usually not there. When he comes out, I ask him if he got robbed which I thought was a good question since there all kinds of broken wood and chairs and dressers outside his door. Some of my stuff is in his house so I thought it was a decent question. He flips out and tells me to shut up or whatever. You can't have a conversation with the guy since he blows up on every word. One time (about 2 months ago), I went over to his house and was greeted with no outside lights on so when he opened the door I said, "thanks for the leaving the lights on for me." He couldn't handle that and basically told me to shove it. Anyway, back to today. He gets in the car and my mom starts talking to him about his finances. He's on unemployment so he's getting $300/week which I think is decent especially since the house is owned already by my family and he lives there rent free. Somehow conversation gets around to him barely being able to making it on $300/week and rent-free living. So I ask him if he has a cocaine problem, he of course, flips out and starts yelling. We haven't even gotten to the restaurant yet and I tell my mom just to take me home since I'm about ready to nail the F U C K out of my brother. So now I'm home and they are eating a nice dinner but I was seriously going to punch the S H I T out of him. I almost did in the car. So who's right ? He says that I ask the most outlandish questions and that I can't keep my mouth shut. I said that had if I had known that we couldn't discuss anything about your life, I would have been quiet. My brother is basically on unemployment because he quit his job after not being able to get along with co-workers. I'm no angel, I know that but I seriously wasn't try to start stuff. I mean what's wrong with just saying "NO" when I ask if you've been robbed ?

Ok, flame me.

The Armchair
08-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Does anyone else think OP's brother is suffering for an acute case of depression?

Go slip some lithium in his applesauce.

LeatherFace
08-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm more interested in the yummy things you would have had for dinner. What would they have been?

spamuell
08-27-2005, 03:05 PM
If you were my brother I'd act very irritably around you as well because you are a douche.

08-27-2005, 03:12 PM
We were going to pizza hut. They wanted to go to Grindstone Charley's but I wasn't into that. I wasn't in the mood for a 2lb hamburger.

bernie
08-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Stick it in his pooper. That should lighten him up a bit.

b

IronDragon1
08-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Jesus you have problems.

08-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Brothers can be a problem for anybody who has them, i know my brother and i had many fights mostly verbal and they blow over. I'm sure this one will too.

polltard

rusellmj
08-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Recommended reading. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0898048044/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-0374564-5497733#reader-link)

Tron
08-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey, today is my birthday, too! Now I am going to read the rest of your post...

ddss6_99
08-27-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were my brother I'd act very irritably around you as well because you are a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

08-27-2005, 05:14 PM
1. Now why would you do that (antagonize loser brother) as you're about to embark on a nice excursion to Pizza Hut huh?

2. OP are you a smartass cause it sounds sort of like you're a smartass?

3. If the two brothers can't stand each other then for god's sake why does mom suggest taking them both to dinner?

(Aren't families fun?)

STLantny
08-27-2005, 05:18 PM
HA, at least you had the sense to ask to be taken home, I would of just knocked my brother out, without blinking.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-27-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

newfant
08-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Learn to use paragraphs. My attention span is about 3 or 4 sentences. That is a good length for a paragraph.

Also, try listening to the "Party Favorites" channel on cable. It will put you in an upbeat mood.

CliffsNotes
08-27-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-My brother is a dick.
-When I make jackass remarks to him, he flips out.
-Is it okay if I punch him in the neck?

p.s. Its my birthday!

[/ QUOTE ]

newfant
08-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Thank you. You perform a very valuable function.

TomHimself
08-27-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

08-27-2005, 06:11 PM
My post was for people who are really bored and like to read long stories. I knew it wouldn't appeal to 80 % of OOT when I wrote it.

BTW, I hate birthdays. I just got in a fight with my mom , now. We are basically fighting over the fight in the car. I'm sure what I'm about to say won't surprise anyone here. I didn't get any presents or Birthday cards.

Pocket Trips
08-27-2005, 06:18 PM
I have never been more disappointed in a thread..I thought the title was "FLIRTING" with family members

Razorbet
08-27-2005, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. They will get over it.

BTW, Happy 14th bday.

gorie
08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, Happy 14th bday.

[/ QUOTE ]

rolf.

tbach24
08-27-2005, 06:33 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

BTW, Happy 14th bday.

[/ QUOTE ]

rolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a laughing floor? I want to roll on it too!!!!

gorie
08-27-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, Happy 14th bday.

[/ QUOTE ]

rolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a laughing floor? I want to roll on it too!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
it's just a word i say when i think something is funny. rolf !

imported_anacardo
08-27-2005, 06:50 PM
http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/4083/rolfbig6hv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This man went to [censored] Climatrol to find the Recorder for us.

I won't hear him mocked.

7ontheline
08-27-2005, 08:44 PM
The original premise of this thread sucks, but the smartass OOT commentary is gold.

ChipWrecked
08-27-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]