PDA

View Full Version : Another TT hand

shant
08-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Opponent is TAG. I think I took the wrong line here. I want to not take this wrong line in the future. What's a better one?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: I am MP2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, I call.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I check, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, I call.

Turn: (6.83 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I check, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, I call.

River: (8.83 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I check

JaysonWeberFCP
08-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Where did you take the wrong line here?

Not Capping Flop?

Argus
08-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Take the way ahead/way behind line. Better and worse hands are both going to bet the flop and turn into you, and will probably call a river bet. If they are the sort of TAG that bets AK again on the end you can check that street too. If they aren't that sort of TAG I could also advise a turn check/raise and fold to 3-bet.

You'll get the same number of bets against a player who would check or fold AK ui on the river, but protect yourself better against a river suckout. You just have to decide whether you make more by letting villain have a cheaper chance at his overcard and collecting a river bet, or by check/raising the turn.

I guess I suggested a few lines, but I think the best one is c/c, c/c, bet/fold. Against an opponent who bluffs too much you can check the river, and against a timid player the turn check/raise is more effective.

jrbick
08-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I suppose that he could be 3 betting the flop w/ A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif or A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Other than that, what are we ahead of that he's 3-betting the flop w/ after he 3-bet PF other than 88? Oh yeah, and we check-raised him... I think folding the flop after his 3-bet is probably ok, but I very well could suck at poker.

toss
08-27-2005, 03:09 PM
I'd probably Cap PF. Theres a good chance this TAG will put you on a looser opening range from MP2. On the flop CO may suspect you're C/Ring with a draw.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-27-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take the way ahead/way behind line.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a good example here because when you are ahead you are rarely ever "way" ahead because he'll have at worst 6 outs against your tens and if you're checking to him all the time you'll be giving a lot of free cards on the turn that'll cost you the pot.