PDA

View Full Version : My Dangerous Game With Pedestrians

08-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Semi road-rage post here

When I drive through the city in peak hour (which means peak hour for pedestrians too), there is one specific interesection where, when I have a green light, they are so anxious to cross they stand right up on the edge of the curb, and sometimes even on the actual street.

I am always in the lane next to the curb (I need to be to turn soon after), and it this annoys me, since the lanes here are narrow enough with people standing on one side of them, and it slows me down.

So I find myself playing this game, where I drive as close as I can to these people (but still on the road), and if I can get them to move (I check in my mirrors after I have passed) then I win. If they don't move, I lose. So far I haven't hit anyone

Is this standard, or do I just need to get the sand outta my vag?

spamuell
08-27-2005, 02:03 PM
How fast are you driving when you pass them?

swede123
08-27-2005, 02:06 PM
One little misjudgement and you could be guilty of vehicular assault or homicide. Might wanna reconsider your game.

Swede

newfant
08-27-2005, 02:12 PM
I've thought about doing this myself. I've never understood why pedestrians stand close to the intersection when cars are whizzing by. It's not like they are going to get across the street that much faster.

I think your game is fine as long as you are going slow enough that if you were to hit one you would only cause a few broken bones.

08-27-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How fast are you driving when you pass them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it usually goes down that the light turns green, and by the time I'm at the other side of the inersection I'm goin about 10 maybe 20 mph

Although sometimes I catch a green light and I'm goin about 30 mph

swede123
08-27-2005, 02:14 PM
You forgot to login as BadAdviceGuy.

Swede

Edge34
08-27-2005, 02:39 PM
If they're standing in the road, its their own damn fault if they get hit, the sidewalk is there for a reason.

JaysonWeberFCP
08-27-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If they're standing in the road, its their own damn fault if they get hit, the sidewalk is there for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Rainy Days? Does this affect there judgement to stand so close?

TStoneMBD
08-27-2005, 02:51 PM
a better and safer game to play is to throw eggs at them or if you are a pussy, get a supersoaker.

LeatherFace
08-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Let me get this straight you are getting angry because people are standing to close to the road and you can potentially hit them on accident so in order to solve it you are now going to try to almost hit them on purpose. This is almost half as bad as the guy who was angry about people wasting water so he let his faucet run for an entire year.

08-27-2005, 02:58 PM
I'll take that as a vote for sandy vag

Alobar
08-27-2005, 03:23 PM
you are an idiot. not only cuz you are endagering peoples lives, but think how much fun its going to be for you if you actually hit someone.

use your horn like every other Ahole in the world, and get overyouself that your commute home now takes 5 seconds longer cuz you had to wait on people. You lead a pathetic pointless life anyway and are just going to go home to sit on your couch and shove food in your face while watching TV, or make retarded posts on an internet message board, so its not like those 5 seconds matter any.

Thythe
08-27-2005, 03:50 PM
While I agree that it would suck to hit someone, if you are going the speed limit, in your lane, and you have a green light, it's their own damn fault if they get hit.

trying2learn
08-27-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your game is fine as long as you are going slow enough that if you were to hit one you would only cause a few broken bones.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the worst things I've read on here in a while...and sadly - I think it's serious...

Dave G.
08-27-2005, 04:05 PM
You're an ass. Do you understand how permenant death is? That seems like a basic question but you should think about it. Do realise you could wind up killing someones spouse, best friend, parents or child? And for what, so you can feel like a big man by scaring people away with your own little pissing contest?

Ya maybe they're dumbasses for standing so close to the road, but they don't deserve to die just because it irritates you.

Get over yourself jackass.

08-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Seems I've encountered some road-rage rage here

None of you can really say if I'm an ass, because you don't know how close I'm getting, it's a very grey scale here

The same question posed in a different light:

If some one is standing in the road, how far out of your way do you have to drive? Keep at least 2 ft. between you? 10 ft.?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-27-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are an idiot. not only cuz you are endagering peoples lives, but think how much fun its going to be for you if you actually hit someone.

use your horn like every other Ahole in the world, and get overyouself that your commute home now takes 5 seconds longer cuz you had to wait on people. You lead a pathetic pointless life anyway and are just going to go home to sit on your couch and shove food in your face while watching TV, or make retarded posts on an internet message board, so its not like those 5 seconds matter any.

[/ QUOTE ]

08-27-2005, 04:27 PM
I don't have your form of road rage but I do get pissed off with bicyclists. Why do they ride in front of you as if they're a car and how much room do I have to give them when I go around? I just don't know what the hell is going on.

newfant
08-27-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the worst things I've read on here in a while...and sadly - I think it's serious...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've never driven in the city before. You ought to see some of these idiots. Two feet -- two [censored] feet! -- into the intersection during rush-hour traffic!

What the [censored] are they thinking? They aren't going to win a collision with my car. Plus, if you slow down, some of the idiots think you are going to stop and they proceed to start walking across the street even though there are two other lanes to your left or right with traffic that they have to make it through.

Do I want to hit these dumbasses? No. Do they make it almost impossible not to? Yes.

08-27-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

None of you can really say if I'm an ass, because you don't know how close I'm getting

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you did say...

[ QUOTE ]
So I find myself playing this game, where I drive as close as I can to these people

[/ QUOTE ]

Randy_Refeld
08-27-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Rainy Days? Does this affect there judgement to stand so close?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in college a friend of mine would drive around after it rained trying to splash people.

Dave G.
08-27-2005, 04:35 PM
You've admitted that you view this is a game, so it doesn't really matter how close you're getting. The intent is still there.

[ QUOTE ]
If some one is standing in the road, how far out of your way do you have to drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Far enough so you don't risk hitting them. Someones life is a lot more important than your right to drive fast on a road. Is this really a difficult concept to understand?

Just blow your horn at them, they'll get the idea.

08-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Ok good point, but, if you were going to take that literally, that would mean I would run them over, you can't get any closer than that

But for those people who say I'm an ass, how far out of the way do I have to drive? It was a bad choice of words on my part, but 'as close as I can' really meant 'as close as I safely can' which usually mean me vering slightly in the direction away from the curb

08-27-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Far enough so you don't risk hitting them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm talking about, there will always be a risk, there's always a chance they'll move towards me

Or, if there isn't chance they will move, then I have never risked hitting them

newfant
08-27-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someones life is a lot more important than your right to drive fast on a road. Is this really a difficult concept to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

How come these idiots don't value their own life enough to stay the [censored] out of the street when there are cars and big trucks going by? Do we really want to let these retarts continue to live and potentially breed?

trying2learn
08-27-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've never driven in the city before. You ought to see some of these idiots. Two feet -- two [censored] feet! -- into the intersection during rush-hour traffic!

What the [censored] are they thinking? They aren't going to win a collision with my car. Plus, if you slow down, some of the idiots think you are going to stop and they proceed to start walking across the street even though there are two other lanes to your left or right with traffic that they have to make it through.

Do I want to hit these dumbasses? No. Do they make it almost impossible not to? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Vegas, and the problem is horrible here. You didn't say that they make it impossible not to hit them (which is also false), you said that the game seems alright if you're going slow enough that it would only cause the breaking of a few bones if a collision were to occur.

you've got problems...seriously.

08-27-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do we really want to let these retarts continue to live and potentially breed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah

I'm not trying to kill these people, I'm just increasing the risk of me hitting them from something like .00000001 (which btw greatly increases the chances of me hitting a car in the middle lane) to .0000001 or so

Malachii
08-27-2005, 04:57 PM
I did like Tstone's supersoaker idea though.

newfant
08-27-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Vegas, and the problem is horrible here. You didn't say that they make it impossible not to hit them (which is also false), you said that the game seems alright if you're going slow enough that it would only cause the breaking of a few bones if a collision were to occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't make these iditos lives risk-free. Natural selection stopped working on the human race a long time ago. Now the only way to keep the retart problem down is to put a little risk in their lives so that if they continue to do stupid things they will eventually bite the bullet.

If we take all the risks out of idiots lives eventually all we will be left with is morons who stand directly in the middle of the intersection because they are too stupid to know better.

Lazymeatball
08-27-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't make these iditos lives risk-free. Natural selection stopped working on the human race a long time ago. Now the only way to keep the retart problem down is to put a little risk in their lives so that if they continue to do stupid things they will eventually bite the bullet.

If we take all the risks out of idiots lives eventually all we will be left with is morons who stand directly in the middle of the intersection because they are too stupid to know better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is some suggested reading you might find interesting:

News Links (http://www.google.com/search?q=eugenics&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)

Shoe
08-27-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have your form of road rage but I do get pissed off with bicyclists. Why do they ride in front of you as if they're a car and how much room do I have to give them when I go around? I just don't know what the hell is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get really pissed at biciclyists too.... Especially when they decide to bike in part of my lane when they have a perfectly open sidewalk they could be on. They deserve to get hit. Morans.

Shoe
08-27-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did like Tstone's supersoaker idea though.

[/ QUOTE ]

manpower
08-27-2005, 06:49 PM
I don't know what everyone is getting all worked up about. I went down to visit a friend in NYC a few weeks ago and this is exactly what it's like driving through Manhattan: cars and pedestrians play a constant game of chicken at nearly all street crossing and intersections.

DDC67
08-27-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someones life is a lot more important than your right to drive fast on a road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, believe it or not, driving in not a right it's a privilege. And when Hotpants finally nails one of these smacktards with her car, she will probably lose her privilege to drive because her license will be suspended by the State of residence. Then Hotpants will be using her cities public transportation program to get around and while creeping into an intersection getting ready to cross the street so she can get to the bus stop, Hotpants get squirted by a supersoaker and has a epiphany: ...

08-27-2005, 07:22 PM
I hope you drive past someone like me, and they boot-[censored] your car.

newfant
08-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Were you driving this car?

http://poetry.rotten.com/redlight/