PDA

View Full Version : TT sb

DireWolf
08-27-2005, 11:58 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t2255)
UTG (t3320)
MP (t3200)
CO (t1730)
Button (t855)
Hero (t2140)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t200</font>, Hero ??

bluefeet
08-27-2005, 03:33 PM
instincts want me to push, but raising 1/4 stack behind bigstack limper? don't know that i want to risk 1/2 my chips to find out i'm dominated. pushing over with bigstack still to react is a little disheartening also. what else can we do...call? i don't care for that much either. short of flopping a set, we're going to have troubles proceeding on the flop. this is certainly on the weak side, but i just pretend i didn't see this fine hand and fold. with any luck bigstack is limping with a monster of his own and will take care of business.

fisherman112
08-27-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
instincts want me to push, but raising 1/4 stack behind bigstack limper? don't know that i want to risk 1/2 my chips to find out i'm dominated. pushing over with bigstack still to react is a little disheartening also. what else can we do...call? i don't care for that much either. short of flopping a set, we're going to have troubles proceeding on the flop. this is certainly on the weak side, but i just pretend i didn't see this fine hand and fold. with any luck bigstack is limping with a monster of his own and will take care of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me of this time i had KK in an identical situation and this guy raised and i didnt want to involve half of my stack on the chance the guy had AA, so i just folded.

folding is terrible. calling is less than 10% of your stack and you're getting nearly 2-1 (325/175)on your money with what is very likely the best hand.

reraising isnt terrible either if you want to race...

bluefeet
08-27-2005, 04:10 PM
i'll agree to disagree with you /images/graemlins/wink.gif (i'm pushing KK btw)

calling is a little better than pushing
folding is a little better than calling (IMO)

my 2k in chips clearing the blinds are worth much more to me than potentially losing 1/2-1/3...even 1/10th of my chips finding out where we stand (or more likely, NOT finding out). maintaining your healthy stack at this level for OPEN-aggression in later levels is paramount.

you do not have the calling odds to flop a set. and you have virtually no way to proceed safely on any other flop. you just don't have the chips to "find out" if you're good on the flop. a fold makes a lot of sense when your ONLY likely option post-flop is check/folding, or blind pushing.

no shame what so ever in folding this hand.