PDA

View Full Version : Bad movie

12-30-2001, 10:56 PM
I usually don't post about movies, but I saw a movie that was so bad, I am upset they took my time and $$:

"The Royal Tennenbaums"...this is the worst movie I have ever seen. It has no redeeming qualities. The writer, director, producers and actors are all winking at each other at how clever they are...to have stolen our money. It has no plot, no real characters and no grace.

Mark

12-31-2001, 05:32 AM
I liked it. Thought it was one of the funniest movies I'd seen in a long time. Oh well... maybe I spent too much time gazing a Gwyneth Paltrow to notice any defects.

12-31-2001, 07:22 PM
Didn't see it, but my wife did and came away raving about it. She thought it was great, expecially Gene Hackman. So who knows.

Just saw Gene Hackman on the Actor's Studio last night. He's always been one of my favorites (loved him in Heist), but he was disappointing: boring and kind of shallow.

01-01-2002, 11:11 AM
I loved The Royal Tenenbaums. I thought it was very funny, yet a little dark. I guess that is why they make chocolate and vanilla.

01-02-2002, 07:00 PM
i haven't seen it yet, but i have been looking forward to it. have you seen Rushmore or Bottlerocket? these are movies by the same bunch of writers/directors/musicians. i like them a lot. but i think it takes a certain mood/disposition/taste to really appreciate what they have to say in their movies... too bad it rubbed you the wrong way.