PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Wireless issues..

raptor517
08-27-2005, 02:53 AM
ok so i have my wireless router all set up and have been using it for over a year just so when friends come over for poker they can get set up. it has always worked fine for them, and has never been a problem. i got a new laptop a few months ago, and i think it worked to begin with.. then my roomate messed with the wireless setting on my main computer. i think it could have blocked out my laptop signal or something.. anyone know what i can do? oh, and did i mention i can connect to other wireless connections?.. holla

IHateKeithSmart
08-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Hey Raptor:

Might have better luck in the computer technical help. But if I had to guess, I'd say that the MAC address access list may be configured on your router (a list that only allows specific computers/network cards to access the wlan). You probably need to add your new laptops MAC to this list (to get the addy, start/run/cmd and then ipconfig /all).

raptor517
08-27-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Raptor:

Might have better luck in the computer technical help. But if I had to guess, I'd say that the MAC address access list may be configured on your router (a list that only allows specific computers/network cards to access the wlan). You probably need to add your new laptops MAC to this list (to get the addy, start/run/cmd and then ipconfig /all).

[/ QUOTE ]

ok im a donk at that kinda stuff. thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla