PDA

View Full Version : Spitting

B00T
08-27-2005, 02:34 AM
How many of you guys spit while you are outside? I am trying to figure out how I learned this now involuntary activity when outdoors. It got me thinking that I dont really remember doing it.

Anytime I am chillin outside or walking from the car somewhere I end up spitting. How come girls never spit? I dont do it thinking it is cool it just happens.

I played hockey in high school and college and always was spitting just do to exhaustion and not wanting to swallow because it got uncomfortable. I think it stemmed from this as a reaction.

There have been times I've spit inside and would then suddenly realize it afterwards. FWIW I can spit cleanly and it never gets on my clothes or hangs off my lip.

WTF is the deal with this?

Dave G.
08-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Spitting in public is filthy. Whenever I see someone spit on the street, the words "disgusting animal" go through my mind.

cold_cash
08-27-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Spitting in public is filthy. Whenever I see someone spit on the street, the words "disgusting animal" go through my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if he just hawked up a nasty one? Gut it?

YourFoxyGrandma
08-27-2005, 03:33 AM
I had a friend who used to spit every 10 seconds whenever we walked anywhere. It bothered me immensely.

If you're only spitting every once in a while, I usually could care less, assuming you're doing it into grass or something and not somewhere I would potentially be walking.

illunious
08-27-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I can spit cleanly and it never gets on my clothes or hangs off my lip.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

08-27-2005, 03:58 AM
I spit outside once in a while. Spitting is actially detrimental to public health. Early in the 20th century (don't quote me on the date) there was a country-wide campaign to reduce spitting in public. This actually led to a dramatic reduction in contaigous deseases. I think my genetics teacher was talking about this. So if you are sick dont spitt in to the street.

sublime
08-27-2005, 05:04 AM
i heard smoking increases your desire to spit. i have no idea if this is true.

i like to rinse my mouth with water and spit it on the sidewalk.

Dave G.
08-27-2005, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What if he just hawked up a nasty one? Gut it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spit into a tissue or at least find a bin somewhere. If that's not possible, yes swallow it, you're not going to die. Hurling it onto the street is gross, and will instantly kill your chances with any women who happen to witness it (if that gives you some more incentive).

stankybank
08-27-2005, 07:31 AM
I don't spit often. If I drink a lot of alcohol I'll start spitting more for some reason. Also, eating certain foods make me spit more too. And other stuff /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your Mom
08-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Playing a lot of baseball as a kid got me into this habit. Another thing I see a lot is guys spitting into urinals. Kinda strange if you think about it, but I occassionally do this too.

garyjacosta
08-27-2005, 11:25 AM
I notice that I spit while I'm taking a piss also. No idea where I picked that up.

miajag81
08-27-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BusterStacks
08-27-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I see these posts, the words "maladjusted geek" go through my mind.

Stop being such a pussy. No, seriously.

astroglide
08-27-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually could care less

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't!

Clarkmeister
08-27-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually could care less

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe he could.

miajag81
08-27-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I see these posts, the words "maladjusted geek" go through my mind.

Stop being such a pussy. No, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Spitting is a low-class, trashy thing to do. I don't care about the germ aspect. It's like scratching your balls in public, you just don't do it.

Russ McGinley
08-27-2005, 12:51 PM
"Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time."
-George Carlin

I'm just trying to live longer.

JaBlue
08-27-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's like scratching your balls in public, you just don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first rule of being a man is "if it itches, it will be scratched"

Al P
08-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I use spit as my self-pleasuring lube.

Stuey
08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use spit as my self-pleasuring lube.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

poker-penguin
08-27-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I notice that I spit while I'm taking a piss also. No idea where I picked that up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too, but only when I'm drinking (it's just spit, not a 1am "lumpy spit" with bits of carrot in it).

08-27-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time."
-George Carlin

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get the quote. Which makes me feel dumb

Enlighten me anyone?

Danenania
08-27-2005, 02:41 PM
People really give a [censored]? That's funny.

-Skeme-
08-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Bad habit of mine. Trying to stop.

08-27-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-George Carlin

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get the quote. Which makes me feel dumb

Enlighten me anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it isn't a very good joke.

polltard

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-27-2005, 05:03 PM
smoking makes me spit for some reason. I used to spit a LOT when i drank old e and smoked. Like i made puddles of spit.

fsuplayer
08-27-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad habit of mine. Trying to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
08-27-2005, 09:45 PM
i hate anybody who regularly spits unless they give me a good reason not to

ChoicestHops
08-27-2005, 10:11 PM
I spit alot and half the time I don't even notice it. Mainly when I am smoking outside.

But I cant believe some of you are acting like women saying how disgusting it is.