PDA

View Full Version : Two small pair in BB

08-27-2005, 01:52 AM
7-handed .50/$1 NLHE home game. Dealer is LAG, I'm a tight, rock-ish player. I'm dealt 7h5d in big blind (~$55 in my stack). MP1(~$70), dealer (~$38), and SB limp. Flop comes out 7s,5h,Qd giving me two pair. SB checks, I bet $6, MP1 and dealer call. Turn is Ad. I bet $11, dealer calls. River is 3c. I push all in, dealer calls the rest of his stack.
Results in white:
<font color="white"> He flips over 64o making a 7-high straight </font>
My thought process was that dealer had the Queen and would be willing to go all the way with it, not putting me on an Ace, and defintely not my two pair. My only question is my turn bet. When I think back on it, I feel as if I was kind of throwing out a value bet on the turn, meaning I bet knowing he would call the bet, with the intention of pushing all in on the river. Am I right in this thinking or am I betting too small, leaving myself open to drawing hands looking to hit? Help is greatly appreciated.

08-27-2005, 02:02 AM
I would have bet at least $20 on the turn, two small pair is so vulnerable. The all in push on the river is bad because it's very unlikely to be called by a worse hand. It seems like you were too rigid with your read on the dealer.

Godfather80
08-27-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet at least $20 on the turn, two small pair is so vulnerable. The all in push on the river is bad because it's very unlikely to be called by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.