PDA

View Full Version : $.50 - 1.00 Party, AA hand.

08-27-2005, 01:14 AM
I open raise to $3 UTG ($60 stack) with red aces and get three callers ($100+ stack calls, another $100+ stack calls, and then a $45 stack in late position calls). No information on any of them.

Flop is Qs 6s 2h. I bet $10. The two big stacks fold and the last guy raises all in. With absolutely no information on him I felt like I had an easy call and it wasn't close.

How was my flop bet? Am I committed to this hand?

Thanks for any input, I'm a middle limit player just starting to learn this no limit stuff.

LethalRose
08-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Id raise more PF UTG, maybe even go for a limp reraise if the table is aggressive preflop. given the short stack pushed I dont think calling is horrible, however there's only 2 hands a somewhat intelligent player could have that you beat. Given your read on him he could have a flush draw, so its a close call.

Also you should be rebuying to 100BB after you get below 80 or so. what if one of the big stacks had KK and pushed PF...

Godfather80
08-27-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I open raise to $3 UTG ($60 stack) with red aces and get three callers ($100+ stack calls, another $100+ stack calls, and then a $45 stack in late position calls). No information on any of them.

Flop is Qs 6s 2h. I bet $10. The two big stacks fold and the last guy raises all in. With absolutely no information on him I felt like I had an easy call and it wasn't close.

How was my flop bet? Am I committed to this hand?

Thanks for any input, I'm a middle limit player just starting to learn this no limit stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, you have to be good 33% of the time to make this call. I think that about half the time you are shown a set and the other half splits between AQ and nut flush draw.

Given my conditions and my fuzzy math, that means you are due to win ~42% of the time.

It's a call.

08-27-2005, 01:27 AM
If late guy is 45 stack, yup it's a call. Against anyone else, I'm thinking this might be a lay down. Tough call, I make it, and then cry.

DaveduFresne
08-27-2005, 01:34 AM
Easiest call in the world, although doesn't mean you won the hand, you just can't fold Aces in this spot for that much more unless you can see his hand.