PDA

View Full Version : Value bet? T3o in the big blind flops top pair

Buck_65
08-26-2005, 11:54 PM
These hands seem to kill me. Villains are both a little over aggressive and very loose.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks,

Hero?

Is this a value bet? Anyone play it differently at any point?

GMan42
08-27-2005, 12:13 AM
In general, when the pot is this small on the flop, I don't go to war with my TPWK. If it's checked to me, I'll be happy to throw a bet in and see if I can take it down, but I'd fold here. Combination of the times I'm dominated and the times that the FD comes in for someone make it -EV. Raising is, of course, the 2nd-best choice.

Once I've made it to the river, I think I'm pretty happy check-calling. A few small PPs and A-highs will call here, but not often enough to be worth it, and there are obviously no worse tens out there to call you. I also seriously doubt you'd fold out a better ten.

QTip
08-27-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These hands seem to kill me. Villains are both a little over aggressive and very loose.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks,

Hero?

Is this a value bet? Anyone play it differently at any point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold the flop. If you do have the best hand here, you probably won't have it for long, and these aggressive opponents will make you pay with any part of that board. About the only way I would have continued there is if it checks through to the CO who bets and the sb folds, then I would continue with a flop raise.

Given how you played it, I would just check the river through.

jason_t
08-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Fold the flop.