PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 tighter then 15/30?? A little story for you

FletchJr.
04-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Today I went through an interesting experience, I sat down in middle limit for the first day(it was online too). I didn't have a proper buy in amount but I just couldn't belive what i was seeing. When i was scouting for games on paradise today I couldn't belive my eyes, there was a super loose 15/30, there were two big time fishes, i mean like A6 mp open limpers. I was very surprised at the coldcalling as well. It took me 20 mins of watching bad poker to finally get the guts to sit down with my 175 bucks and risk my bankroll that i'd happily built up in the 1/2. I sat through 3 rounds with blinds 25 a round, i wasn't hitting nothing, i mean nothing close. I slowly folded away my pathetic amount of money compared to the limits, but hey i had a shot! wow though, i was so surprised later that day went back to the 1/2 and sat in another low limit tight game. What's the moral? I guess it's have a bankroll for the game. anyways that's my little experience of my first run at the middle limits, it wasn't profitable but sure was fueling though.

Ed Miller
04-10-2003, 08:45 AM
There are plenty of poor players in the middle limits. If there weren't, how would anybody make any money?

Jeff V
04-11-2003, 01:59 AM
I've never played middle limits online, but thats how I started playing them in B&M- by watching. So many of these guys try to impress people by spraying chips it's funny. So get some loot together and jump in. Jeff

Vehn
04-11-2003, 06:19 PM
I would say its not that there's a lot of poor players but instead there's a lot of people who play poorly.

Lunamondo
04-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Earlier this week I noticed that not only at Paradise but at many other places the flop-% were at least a little higher than normally. At Paradise the games 3-6 and above had many, and still some are, regularly looser, close to 40% or looser game was offered at 3-6, 5-10, 20-40. So, not only at high limit (20-40, 15-30) there has been some ufo-phenomenon going (like the PokerStars 30-60 that has often been around 35%, making it similar to live games; or at some other places 2-4 and 5-10 has sometimes looked more like a play money game also being much like the same limits at live games).

About making shots at bigger limits, I don't do that even in my usual 2-4 game when there is a loose-aggressive game going, except if they play really badly, practically giving their money away. This is first because the luck factor is so big that one never gets in the long run vs. solid overaggressive players. And second, because those players play that game better than I do, because they play it more often than I do. I have to usually call them all the way, no matter what they do, if I have something or close to it; while they can fold any time easily - I would rather be that loose-overaggressive but solid player.