PDA

View Full Version : "stop & then do something else" ??

bluefeet
08-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Seat 2 is limping, min-3x raising all game. While that makes AJo look a little better, he was also certain to call a push PF. Pretty tight table otherwise, I wasn't sold on making a PF decision for all the marbles.

Stop & go didn't feel completely necessary, having 10BB left after calling. That left me with this.....

$55+5 turbo
Seat 1: (1955 in chips)
Seat 2: (5410 in chips)
Seat 5: bluefeet (1380 in chips)
Seat 7: (4755 in chips)
bluefeet: posts small blind 50
Seat 7: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluefeet [Jh As]
1 fold
Seat 2: raises 200 to 300
bluefeet: calls 250
1 fold
*** FLOP *** [8d 9h 5h]
bluefeet: checks
Seat 2: bets 100
bluefeet: raises 350 to 450
Seat 2: folds
bluefeet collected 900 from pot
bluefeet: doesn't show hand

If he fires anything over 1/2 pot i'm gone. With this min-bet, I thought the 1/2'ish stack reraise might get more respect.

If he checks? Hmmmm, dunno...

Whatya think?

Ps. This probably sucks, but I'm folding to a reraise push....looking to double back up to 1k in one of the next couple hands.

zac777
08-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Thinking is overrated. If he has a wide range, I just push.

I really doubt that he calls anywhere close to 100% of the time. If that's really the case then it's quite a bit closer. If he's calling everything preflop and folding for a small bet on the flop, then your line looks good..

Isura
08-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Calling is fine, but you should c/r push the flop instead of raising, I think.

WillMagic
08-27-2005, 12:34 AM
No no no no no. Jam preflop.

So he'll call. With weaker hands. All the time. This is a problem...how?

Will

bluefeet
08-27-2005, 12:41 AM
yeah, i know. my mouse hand got caught on my purse strap when i reached to push /images/graemlins/wink.gif

probably wrong, but just seemed a tad donkish to push over when he flips middle pairs or AQ or something.

would you propose calling if he put me in PF with this hand?

i realize i'm not giving you much to work with here, but AJ/T/9o leaving me scratching my head....when i'm not terribly "desperate" yet

WillMagic
08-27-2005, 12:46 AM
"would you propose calling if he put me in PF with this hand?"

Well, that depends. If he's been raising big all the time, then yes I would call. But if he's been minraising and 3x raising most of the time and then suddently raises you all-in preflop, I'd probably just fold. I don't like calling off a 13BB stack with AJ unless I'm very confident that my opponent is jamming with a wide range of hands, and if this big all-in raise is a gear change then I just can't be confident enough.

Will